The health benefits of spices are nothing short of amazing.
This time I wanted to take just a few minutes to share with you some of the incredible properties found in ground cardamom. I have attached links at the bottom of the post if you would like to look into this spice further.
Cut corners somewhere other than your diet.
Sometimes we do not avail ourselves of the miraculous properties of spices and herbs because of their cost or the inconvenience, but can we really afford not to take care of ourselves? Cutting corners on our diet is not a wise investment in the long run. So after considerable searching, I was able to find ground cardamom at less than half the price shown below and have been enjoying it ever since. It has a somewhat pungent citrusy flavor which goes well in my cinnamon tea.
Here are some of the many of a long list of benefits we gain by using cardamom
- Detoxification - helps to eliminate toxins through the kidneys
- Diuretic - helps to flush excess water, waste, and toxins from the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys protecting from infections.
- Aids the digestive system combating acid, bloating, gas, heartburn, nausea and more.
- Protects from and even kills some cancers.
- Protects from stroke as it aids in reducing the risk of blood clots
- Inhibits the growth of molds and fungus
- Works as both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Is an anti-spasmodic, therefore it relieves stomach and muscle cramps
- Is a powerful aphrodisiac
- Is an anti-depressant
Is highly nutritional.
Just 100 grams contains 70% of our recommended daily requirement of fiber; 35% vitamin C, 24% potassium, 1217% manganese, 57 magnesium, 38% calcium, 68% zinc and a whopping 175% iron among other nutrients as listed here.