Saturday, January 30, 2010

An Organized Home for 2010

Now that I have my office more organized and have shelving for my many books I have been looking at organizing other areas of my home. It is my goal to become more organized for 2010. I find that when things are organized I have better concentration.

The children are all grown, and though I have plenty of grandchildren who visit, I now have the space to create work areas that make for more efficient time and space so I can spend more time doing what I love; spending time with the grandchildren, researching, reading, and writing. My laundry room is in my basement. My bedroom is upstairs. I can't hear the washer or dryer when the load is completed so I have to go downstairs and check, lug the clothes upstairs, fold them on the couch and then lug them to the upstairs bedrooms.

I have been dreaming about a laundry room on the main level so I would not have to go up and down two flights of stairs every time I wash clothes. I want laundry room shelving so that everything will be right where I need it and while searching online to get ideas I found a site that performs FREE in-home consultations. Since the consultation is free, (I love that word!) I thought I'd look into the cost of laundry room shelving in my home. You simply go to their site and type in your zip code.

picture source

Icy BC January 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I would love to have a laundry room like the one in your picture!

Judy Sheldon-Walker January 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Icy, me too!

SquirrelQueen February 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM

That is a very nice looking laundry room.

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Judy, isn't it though? I can only dream. lol

CA Johnson February 6, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I like the laundry room. I would love one like that. My washing machine is in the basement too so I also have to go down extra flights of stairs. I am on the second floor so that's even more steps to climb.

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM

CA, sounds like me. I go down two flights to wash clothes and back up two to put them away. I suppose it's good for my health. :-)

Thanks for the visit & God bless.

Anonymous July 25, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Hi! Somebody in my Facebook group shared this web site with us so I came to take a look. I'm absolutely loving the data. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic weblog and good design and style.