Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Internet

New Years eve 2008 my computer crashed. My wedding pictures were downloaded and stored there. I had at least 50 completed articles and half a dozen incomplete articles stored. These items were lost, but I missed my internet more.
On the internet we:

• Keep touch with friends and family
    • Keep abreast of the latest news and newest trends
    • Listen to music
    • Play games
    • Research topics
    • Print maps or directions to locations
    • Pay bills
    • Contact customer service
    • Download programs
    • Share pictures
    • Earn revenue
    • Post resumes and apply for jobs
    • Attend classes
    • Meet new friends
    • Find recipes
    • Enter contests
    • Find coupons and savings
Did I forget anything?

Jeannie, I miss you now that your internet is down, but at least we have our phones. I am looking forward to emailing you when you get your new computer in March.

I didn't tell you, Jeannie's computer died, but she's getting a new one.  Maybe she'll share more pictures of S.T. when she comes back. For now we have our post of S.T., the cat giving himself a bath.

How about it, Jeannie?

picture sources: Yahoo, Gmail, MSN

Shadow February 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM

computers and the internet... one of those things we love to hate.

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Shadow, I know "there's a thin line between love and hate!" :-)

Icy BC February 25, 2010 at 7:44 AM

The internet and the computer have become such a part of our life that if we have to go without them, we will miss them...I miss my laptop :-(

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I'm sorry, Icy. I wish I could help. I know how frustrating it is to wait on a slow computer, but I do not want to live without it! It takes so long to complete a task that my mind is racing about things I could be doing...

I wish you were closer. My brother in law repairs computers free. But usually you have to start from scratch because you lose everything. I can't tell you how many times he has rescued me.

SquirrelQueen February 27, 2010 at 6:11 AM

We have become very dependent on the internet but I enjoy it and don't want to change.

Reading your last comment, there are many ways to speed up your computer. Usually clearing the cache and defragging the hard drive will help. Also be sure to back up your files on a regular basis to prevent loss.

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Judy, thanks, I do use c-cleaner and defrag from time to time. My hard drive is not very large and I need to move my photos to a jump drive.

I love the internet and would not want to give it up. It's an important connection.

Take care & God bless.

WordsPoeticallyWorth February 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I absolutely love sum of the sudonhymms
And will raise voices to enquire
Of Christian respectablility twinnings
Of inmates wanting and heeding desire!

SORRY I have not bin in touch lately AS I am a wo man on a mission! Splendid behaviour will Saviour repair from all our dispair. Love Andrew. Tak e wonderful and grateful care. Bye.

CA Johnson February 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I agree that we have all become so used to having access to the Internet that we feel lost without it. Last month, the phone line was down where I live and I felt lost without access to the Internet. I wasn't even that heartbroken that I couldn't use my phone to call people. I wanted to be able to get on the Internet. LOL!

Judy Sheldon-Walker February 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM

CA, thanks for your visit, and I know what you mean. When my husband wants me to spend the day out with him and I can't get online I miss it.