Thursday, March 4, 2010

• chicken sticks
  • chicken breasts
  • broccoli
  • 4 steaks
  • pork roast
  • ground beef
None of the food is outdated and this is just one of the choices. They vary monthly.  Pictured is the package we picked up last Saturday. We shared the cost and the food.

I typed in my zip code and found five locations near us. With six children, and over half of them out of work saving money on groceries is very much appreciated. Along with the children come 23 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren all  with healthy appetites. There are some places we can cut back on the budget but I do not want my loved ones going without healthy food.

No one should ever have to go hungry.

Getting these groceries for a fraction of the cost is like finding an angel in the pantry and the name of the organization is Angel Food Ministries. Visit this site for recipes or to purchase a gift card and/or a package for a loved one. Take care and God bless.

Icy BC March 5, 2010 at 6:58 AM

What a bargain, Judy! Thanks for link..

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 5, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Icy, you are welcome! These days and times we need all the help we can get!

ruthi March 5, 2010 at 5:57 PM

This is awesome. For a housewife like me... savings is huge. It blows my mind every time I do the grocery. I buy practically the same items every week and every week the amount of money I spend for the groceries goes up. It's driving me crazy. Thanks for sharing this.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Ruthi, you are so welcome.

When I was a child Mom budgeted and would not allow herself to spend more than $16. a week on groceries and we packed lunches. Thankfully we grew many of our own fruits and vegetables and Mom canned. The sad thing is that some of the less healthy foods are also the less expensive. It should not cost more to eat right.

SquirrelQueen March 6, 2010 at 12:48 AM

What a wonderful program, it is good to know that kind of help is out there. Thanks for the info Judy.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 6, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Judy, you are so welcome.

Take care & God bless.

Self Sagacity March 6, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hey, very sweet of you to share!That's a lot of food. I will pass along this info.

CA Johnson March 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Thank you so much for the link. That is great that you were able to get so many things for such a bargain. I typed my zip code in and there are three places in my area that I could go to and get food too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM

S.S., we have a common need to feed our families. I think It's great there are organizations that will help.

CA, when I lived in NY we had an organization similar and I missed them after relocating, but now I've found this one and wanted to share. I am eating left over pork roast now. I cut up the remainder and made bean soup.

Take care & God bless.