Friday, March 12, 2010

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Welcome, Pam to Triond

Pam, pictured with her lovely new grand daughter.

Pam, a friend of mine who writes at ehow, Bukisa, examiner, and now Triond has recently published this recipe. She told me that it was absolutely delicious and her picture did not do it justice.She kindly joined Triond at my recommendation. I joined examiner at hers. Yes, I was accepted, but after finding out they refused to pay her the promised fee, I resigned. She and I both sent emails, which we received responses to with hasty apologies advising she would not get paid. It made me uneasy, and when we spend as much time as we do writing, we should not have to be concerned with whether our publisher is being honest with us or not. If they cheated her, they may cheat me and everyone I in turn recommend.

I wanted to share her healthy recipe with you. If you click on the word recipe  it will take you right there. Please leave her a comment so she will know you were there.

She uses healthy olive oil and spaghetti sauce among her ingredients. She also sprinkles on fennel. Spaghetti sauce is loaded with healthy spices already and then adding Fennel just makes it that much healthier. Fennel is beneficial in treating (The Green Pharmacy by James A. Duke, Ph.D):

• asthma
  • irregular periods
  • angina
  • body odor
  • breastfeeding problems (helps increase milk output)
  • heart burn
  • high blood pressure
  • women's inhibited sexual desire
I love using tomatoes and tomato sauces in my cooking. It is an added way to get more vegetables in the diet and just 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce contains 12 % of our daily recommended amount of fiber. Tomatoes, as we know are packed with antioxidants, vitamin C and lycopene. Lycopene is a close relative to beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. The healthy tomato assists us in the fight against cancer and improves our resistance to other diseases.

Thanks for your visit. Eat well and stay well.

Icy BC March 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about the examier short deal..I know how it feels when you work hard for an article, and then not getting paid for it..What a crook!

I'm glad you two are out!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Icy, you know I would write for nothing. I love writing, but when we are told we will get a certain amount and are lied to, that is frustrating! She has several articles and is still waiting. She was supposed to get $50. for referring me, but they have denied her. I asked them to delete my account. I hope they did.

I read about your ads that cheated you. How do they get away with this? What can we do?

CHAN LEE PENG March 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this happened to you and Pam. I know how frustrating both of you were. I wish Pam good luck joining under you. Take care, my sister!

DoanLegacy March 13, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Oh dear Judy, sorry to hear that! I feel bad for your friend, and you're lucky you didn't get into it yet..We did a post on Blessing, and they kept denying it too, for not good reason, so we're hesitating now!

It is so wrong to do this to people!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Chan and Amanda, thanks so much for your support. The killing thing is that we all love to write. We will gladly write about something. We do not need to be tricked. That is just wrong.

Take care & God bless.

Self Sagacity March 14, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Yes, there has to be something we can do, other than try to forget. It's one thing to hear it from one company, but now to hear that about examiner too? Supposedly, it's a well known company?

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM

When they apologetically stated they could not pay her the promised referral fee I wrote to them and they then apologized to me I asked them to delete my account. I have not heard back. Because of my skepticism I will not write there. Before I submitted my first article, and before I was accepted, I told them she referred me and sent them her referral link. They promise $50. for a referral once the applicant is accepted. I feel badly for her.

SquirrelQueen March 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about how this company treated you and Pam. It is a shame that there are companies out there that make promises they don't intend to keep.

The chicken looks delicious. I love tomatoes for cooking and fresh in salads.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Judy, adding tomatoes to our diets are beneficial to our health. Thanks so much for your visit and comment.

Take care and God bless.

CA Johnson March 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I'm also sorry that you were lied to at examiner. I have never heard of that site, but thanks for the warning about what it is like. I will check out your friend's recipe.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 17, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Thanks, CA, you are great!