Sunday, March 7, 2010

Found Treasure

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tractorgalI have to catch the stores when I can.
This month our schedule is six days a week so we get out earlier on a couple of those days. I could not resist going into some of my favorite thrift stores today as I could actually catch one open for a change.  When I can find something that is useful, pretty, and cheap, I think it is thrilling. I was captivated by the shiny burnished metal in this carafe and it will hold my tea perfectly for me. It was less than $2.00.

See I have washed it and already have my tea steeping. I heat the water in the microwave in a glass container and then pour it into my carafe. Your tea should steep covered so as to retain the healing properties. After 10 minutes it will be ready to drink.

More burnished copper.
I love the smoothness and the shine. I am toying with the idea of hanging this from my tree next to the new birdhouse and placing a few nuts in it for my pesky friend. At just $.59 I could not resist. It would probably make a pretty plant holder too. Could you imagine a small potted plant in here with the plant climbing through the openings?

Is this the bluebird of happiness?

I rather doubt it as he holds a dish scrubber. I will take whatever bit of encouragement that I can find to cheer me on when doing the thankless job of dish washing. :-) He was $.59 also.

Country Charm

These hot pads have the country charm my friend Jeannie and I love. She has a picture very similar to these which she took and  posted on her Red Bubble account. Wait til I show her these.

My excursion cost me less than $5.00, and I am very happy with my new found treasure. What kind of treasures have you found lately? I think we need a new meme for treasures. :-)

Carmen A. March 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM

The copper looks nice. Good idea to hang it and put potted hanging plant there. Nice for corners too.

Icy BC March 7, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Oh Judy, the thrill of the hunt for bargain is so much fun. You've found some great treasures!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Carmen A, thanks so much for your visit. I love the prospect of using my imagination, especially at this price.

Icy, men hunt for deer, we hunt for bargains. I like our hunt better!

Take care & God bless!

DoanLegacy March 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Great finds Judy! You and Icy should get together and shop..

CA Johnson March 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM

It really is amazing what you can find in thrift stores. You can really find some great bargains at them.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 8, 2010 at 8:09 PM

DoanLegacy, we'd love to. One day we will find the time and the extra cash for gas and meet some where in between. I'd love it!

CA, I know. It just makes it all the more difficult for us to stay away from them. :-)

Thanks for visiting. Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen March 10, 2010 at 2:36 AM

You found some really great treasures Judy. The carafe is perfect for tea and what a bargain. The squirrels would be delighted to find peanuts in such a lovely feeder, but it would make a great plant holder too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Judy, thanks so much for your visit. I feel like such a treasure hunter. :-)