Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Watery Wednesday: Perspective

GEDC5856 Finally, the long awaited warmer weather is here and along with it comes longer days. Just a few short months ago, or so it seems, I would leave work to witness the sun going down. Living in a small town, it was difficult to catch the sun as it sets. It would hide behind trees and homes, so I would be heading out to the lake to see if I could catch the sunset at it’s prettiest.

The weekend before last I tried to outrun the sun and catch it. I drove quickly, within the speed (of course), not wanting to miss it as I have so many previous times. But this time I noticed something interesting. These pictures were all taken within minutes of one another, but I was focusing on different areas of the same lake, so the sun was shining at it differently. Life is the same for us, we can live through an identical situation as someone else, but the “sun” appears to light the way differently.
GEDC5840

image

When my gaze wandered off to where the sun shown the difference was like night and day.

For more watery pictures check out:

WateryWed2b There are lots of pretty photos to view there. Thanks for the visit. Take care and God bless.

A Garden of Threads May 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Great sunset on the lake.

J Bar May 19, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Good shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Icy BC May 19, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Gorgeous pictures, Judy! I like being near the water.

Mumsy May 19, 2010 at 7:45 AM

The thing we do for our blog! Chasing sky, butterfly, and aiming at flowers are just part of our joy..

Beautiful photos, Judy!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 19, 2010 at 8:27 AM

A Garden of Threads, J Bar, Icy and Mumsy, thanks so much for your visits. I look forward to visiting your sites when I get in from work.

Have a blessed day!

Ruthi May 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Love the pictures Judy. Don't we all love warmer weather?

Ruthi May 20, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Life is the same for us, we can live through an identical situation as someone else, but the “sun” appears to light the way differently." I just love what you say here. It's very true my friend. And the photo where the sun was peeking through the silhouette of trees are breath-taking.

SquirrelQueen May 23, 2010 at 5:33 AM

What a pretty lake. It is interesting to see the effects of the light on different parts of the lake, it can make a very dramatic difference. I really like the sun shinning through the trees.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 23, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Ruthi, life tends to be very hectic. We want to experience everything, or finish all the chores at once. We are not still long enough to "hear" God. He speaks to us through nature and through His children. I am constantly trying to fit so much into life, that when I do stop and listen it is like WOW! I know you listen because I read very wise and inspiring words on your blogs and I thank you for them.
Judy, thank you. This is one of my favorite places to visit. It is so pretty.

Take care & God bless!

CA Johnson May 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

These pictures are so peaceful. I love the one by the lake. I could watch that picture all day.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM

CA, it's easy to gaze at the lake.

Thanks for your visit and God bless!