Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Nature

Last weekend I happened upon a new blog while participating in Shadow Shot Sunday. Greyscale Territory offers  new options for those of us who are getting our feet wet with memes. This one is quite liberal, so I thought I would give it a "shot". :-)  I have a great fascination for nature so why not? Jeannie and I went to another green house, called Jan and Fran’s, and they were kind enough to let me snap a few shots. Speaking of snapping shots, have you ever heard of a tree sticking out of a car?  Jeannie has.

I helped Jeannie set up her own blog and now she is happily filling it with photos. I’m happy she’s happy, but it was not my idea to be one of the posts. :-)

After my grandson finished digging up the trees that were growing under my front patio, I placed them in a pot and took them to her. She has more room on her farm then I have in my city lot. I thought she could give these trees a good home. Check them out on her blog.  Jeannie, I don’t mind, really. In fact it was quite funny. GEDC6683 I

The top flower is a coleus. They had some wave pansies growing in plastic bags that were pretty neat too.

GEDC6689

For more nature pictures please visit: Greyscale Territory

WordsPoeticallyWorth May 23, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Lightening can strike without clouds
And nuclear fissIon can clear instantly a vision
Without a trace to pace haste distaste
But also fly superiority to warm on ice A man nice from sacRAfice
AS molecule AND atom are mane tame REframe Grace!

Got a date so lex soon! Love love Andew!

SquirrelQueen May 23, 2010 at 5:28 AM

That's a cute shot of you and the tree on Jeannie's blog. My answer to your question is in her comments.

I love coleus, they come in so many varieties. I usually have one or two on my patio every summer.

Icy BC May 23, 2010 at 7:22 AM

I like the idea of growing flowers out of bags..Very pretty flowers and great shots, Judy!

Mumsy May 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Beautiful flowers, Judy!

I like the idea of new meme thingy, but the blog seemed over stuffed to me when I visited.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM

WPW, you are quite poetic. Thanks for your visit and have a blessed day!
Judy, I will have to go read her response to me. Thanks for the visit. I hope the rest of your w/e is fantastic.
Icy, I thought they were pretty cool. They were heavier plastic than normal bags. I hope your w/e is going well. Love ya, sis
Mumsy, I think you already participate in a few memes. I'm just getting started. Have a blessed day!

cat May 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I also just joined this new meme.
I have never seen such flowers before. They are very beautiful.

Ruthi May 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Lovely! I love the splash of colors here. Always refreshing. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Cat, & Ruthi, thanks for your visits.

Enjoy the rest of the week end. Take care & God bless!

Greyscale Territory May 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM

A very interesting shade of coleus! Like a whispering colour! Beautiful and healthy!

I have never heard of flowers growing out of plastic bags! A great idea for carrying and moving many plants!

Thank you so much for joining my new meme!

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend!

WordsPoeticallyWorth May 23, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I had Too rogue dogs in plaice
Too slavery disgrace Londons
And was bled AS intellectual
And every bed was fed dictionary
Too laughs a plenty while asleep
But will reap their food of crude!

Sad but loo And rue their due true. Andrew was starved to six stone at a nighn month terror And on his stage was shakespearian player And was driven conciously by other SI who reaped aggrieved need for end not one friend! Love Andew!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 23, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Greyscale, thanks for offering the meme. I love taking pics and you give me a chance to share them! Enjoy the rest of your w/e!

WPW, you are incredibly poetic. I'm not sure what it all means, but it is rhythmical.

WordsPoeticallyWorth May 23, 2010 at 6:35 PM

World domination was their intention
And saw body And mind Anew
And drugged him with separation segragration with depravation of love hug And bug disaster laughter at woe with foe know
And I gave them a son And the process was rebegun at the age of 2 they had him biting his sister And sucking and swallowing in grooming swill of their ill And was going to video it for Andknew! Love Andrew.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 23, 2010 at 8:10 PM

WPW, you definitely have a way with rhyme, but I am still bewildered. :-)
Should we take something from this poem, or is just for it's beauty and art?

betchai May 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM

beautiful colors, look very refreshing, maybe, I should grow some plants this way too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Betchai, thanks for your visit. It is pretty to see flowers peeking out all over the bag. You have to look closely to see there is a bag. :-)

CA Johnson May 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

These are really beautiful flowers, Judy. I love the color of them. Very vibrant.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM

CA, thanks so much. I love visiting green houses.