Sunday, June 6, 2010

Creeping Charlie Come Creeping here.

creepchar A letter to Charlie:

Dear Charlie;

I hear you were well respected in A.D., and in fact was brought to our country with the settlers. They used your leaves and flowers to cure many of their health complaints and added your pretty foliage to salads, teas, juices, beer, vegetables and even oatmeal.

I know how it feels to be misunderstood, maligned and talked about badly, so I wanted to clear up some of the misinformation. They only know you as the guy that tries to take over things and not share well with your fellow plants. I now know that you have assisted humans in at least a dozen various health complaints and contain important nutrients.

You are not as selfish as we once thought, but very generous. I’m trying to set the record straight and tell your side of the story so others might enjoy what you offer them, free of charge. For more information read Some of the Many Health Benefits of Creeping Charlie. Charlie and I wish you all the best of health!

ruthi June 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Awwww... this is so cute Judy. At first I thought Charlie is a person... but you are so creative in coming up with this kind of blog. You are indeed an inspiration. thanks

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Ruthi, God gives us so many gifts. I just want to share them.

Thanks for the visit. Take care & God bless!

Mumsy June 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM

That's a surprisingly wonderful info about creeping charlie!

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Mumsy, does Charlie redeem himself? :-)

Thanks for the visit & God bless.

WordsPoeticallyWorth June 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM

A plant with or out flower
Can be missinterpreted power
AS concealed within might fright
Or heal as beautiful sin or grin!

High ya Judy. I hope you are fine and well and in good GODLY spirits. I don't know much about horticulture but you are leading myself up the right garden path! :)
God bless you and all of your endevours. This is a wonderful piece of prose well expressed and a joy to read. Love Andrew.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Andrew, thanks for the compliment. From a writer like yourself that is an honor.

Take care & God bless.