Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me…

GEDC4929 A little birdie came to visit me the other day. I was absolutely in awe as it was only a few feet away. I think she was a gray morning dove. I had just got in from work and she flew down by my back steps. Because the weather is so nice out now and I like to prolong my time outdoors by walking through my yard before heading in.

She seemed to be somewhat curious about me, or perhaps she wanted some fresh seed in the feeder, but she kept approaching me, I was wondering how close she would come as she was only about a yard away and still approaching until my husband pulled in and honked. Then she turned tail and flew away to meet her lover waiting in an overhead tree.

GEDC4931

GEDC4948
I left with mine in his car. We may arrive at our destination differently, but when love is in the air do we know how to find it?

My husband and I have been together for a long time. Sometimes I think our love life is like sleeping beauty; awaiting to be awakened with a kiss. I was curious to know about other couples our age. How do they manage to keep the fires burning? So I did a little research, which led me to this site. Don’t let the title put you off. There are lots of reasons that a healthy sexual relationship is good for you and lots of tips to maintaining your relationship on this blog. It’s not just about anatomy, but so much more.

Take care and God bless!

CA Johnson June 19, 2010 at 8:36 PM

This is a very interesting post. I have never seen this bird before. You took some great shots.

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage. I hope the research you found will put the spark back in your marriage. I know a couple of people who are going through the same thing. I am not married yet, but I went through a similar situation with a past relationship. We ended up breaking up in the long run, but we also didn't really try to work out the problems that we have. I hope things will be better for you.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

CA, thanks so much. I'd rather try to work things out then to start over. I just wonder if it can be the way it used to be? Maybe were just too old. :-)

Icy BC June 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Great post Judy! It takes two to tangle..you can't do it alone. I tried, and mine failed!

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Icy, you said a mouthful when you said "you can't do it alone." Bless your heart. Both need to play an active role.

Thanks for visiting. Take care & God bless.

Self Sagacity June 21, 2010 at 12:23 AM

interesting judy, well, i have to agree about sleeping beauty, with a two year old, i think it will be sleeping for a while. :-)

DoanLegacy June 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Interesting post! Marriage is a relationship that always needs work, together by the couple.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 21, 2010 at 10:06 AM

S.S., the wonderful thing about intimacy in humans is that it does not have to stop and start with procreation, but two year olds sure can keep you hoping. My two year olds are grands now. lol

D.L., marriage is constant work and it does take two.

Thanks for visiting. Take care & God bless!

ruthi June 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM

we are only married for 3 years and just like you... i felt that sometimes our love is like what you described... sleeping beauty. thanks for the tip. I will check it out later.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Ruthi, I hope it helps. Sometimes the embers just need to be stirred some. :-)

Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful week!

SquirrelQueen June 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM

A very interesting post Judy. Marriages are ever changing and require work from both partners. My husband and I talk about everything from a repair around the house to sex. It has kept our marriage healthy and strong for 15 years. The fact that he is ten years younger than I might help too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Judy, we used to talk constantly and about every and anything but ...Mine is nine years older and we are both somewhat used to being on our own.