Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Inspiration

PB080521
I felt complimented when I received an anonymous comment wanting to know where I get my ideas for topics. I commented back offering a number of places that can help one to come up with ideas, but the truth is our ideas are inspiration. We are blessed with happenings, human interactions, nature’s wonders and more on a daily basis. What we do with these blessings are up to us.

PB080515 This is the parking lot where I work. During the winter time I am blessed with this view of the sunrise every morning as I park. Most people jump out of their cars and rush into work. I have to savor a moment or two first and sometimes snap a few pictures. :-)
PB080508

Websters defines inspire as “To breathe or blow upon or into b) to infuse (life, etc. into)

So does that mean that basically being able to breathe is to be inspired? :-)

Beryl Markham stated “I could never tell where inspiration begins and impulse leaves off…If your hunch proves a good one, you were inspired; if it proves bad, you are guilty of yielding to thoughtless impulse.”

Wanda Landowska advised “The most beautiful thing in the world is, precisely, the conjunction of learning and inspiration.”

Personally, I don't mind being called guilty of yielding to impulse on occasion if I can be considered inspired equally as often. :-)

Icy BC June 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Those are great photos of the sky Judy! I found inspiration or appreciation to life through many small things. Wonderful post!

Mumsy June 24, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Gorgeous sky photos, and these are the inspiration I'm drawing from. Great post Judy!

CA Johnson June 24, 2010 at 7:03 PM

These pictures are really peaceful. I felt really stressed and looking at these pics made me feel better. Thanks for posting them.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Icy, Mumsy, and CA, what a great crew I am blessed with as visitors today!

God lifts me out of the dumps with His wonders daily. I can't help but feel inspired!

God bless and enjoy the rest of your week!

papabear June 24, 2010 at 10:58 PM

nice pics! now I am inspired. I should be looking at the sky more from now on. We always take it for granted....

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Papabear, how kind of you. We take many things for granted and I am as guilty as the next one.

Thanks so much for the visit. Take care and God bless!

SquirrelQueen June 25, 2010 at 4:03 AM

You have some really beautiful skies Judy. I would have to pause to enjoy those lovely sky displays.

I see other bloggers sometimes complain because they have nothing to blog about, they can't come up with an idea. Inspiration is all around us if we open our eyes. The very best inspirations are the ones that sneak up when we least expect them.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Judy, absolutely!

Thanks so much for your visit and have a blessed day!