Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Life’s Challenges

Even covered in sweat and mosquito bites, it’s worth it. If you take pictures you know what I mean. The last few weeks my computer has nearly come to a screeching stop. I can almost hear it audibly grown when I download yet another 100 or so photos. I have been naming them and moving them to jump drives and this is very time consuming – another challenge. But it is my fault for not being better organized. :-)

GEDC0005
Half an hour ago I was outside looking at the new bud on my mini rose bush and what did I spot but a baby butterfly. Cookie, our cat queen had ran out the door right between my legs so as I am trying so hard to squat steady (my knees are in their 50s (but I’m not!)) :-) to take my picture without shaking. She is rubbing on my unstable legs, then just as I glance away I see the butterfly lying low in the grass. I turn my camera and Cookie leaps; right on the poor little butterfly. Whoops! All this with mosquitoes biting and sweat dripping… I come in and tell my husband laughingly, and he laughs too telling me the cat has better sense than I.

GEDC0009

Life is thrilling, rainbows, flowers in bloom, sunsets and sunrises, baby smiles, enthusiastic expressions, even despair. They are all part of life and with my little pocket camera I can share them with you. I can look back at them, days, weeks, months or even years later, and I am there all over again; savoring the moment. Don’t you think the challenges heighten the joy when we accomplish our goal? I do.

GEDC0011
I truly thank God for his trials and tribulations because I believe they make me a better and stronger Christian. If we knew nothing of trouble could we share a shoulder or an ear with any conviction or compassion? Look at the beauty of this lily. They come up year after year and even grow along our roadsides. God took time to design the things of this earth and He also takes times to consider our needs so a challenge here and there is not something I need to dwell on, as it is within His control. Embrace your challenges. They are only our homework to make us better students and I strive to get an A.

Mumsy July 8, 2010 at 7:58 AM

I can't help but laugh too. You're right though, the reward are those beautiful pictures..

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Mumsy, I am truly rewarded! Thanks for the visit & God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG July 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Yes, you are right, sis! But I'm sure you will get a big A. :-)

Self Sagacity July 9, 2010 at 12:50 AM

yes. the challenge is always the thrill for me to do things. without this challenge, I am opt to not be motivated enough.

DoanLegacy July 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM

You capture some very beautiful flower after the challenge though. The yellow rose is outstanding.

CA Johnson July 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I had to laugh at your story. It does seem like a lot of trouble to take the pics, but they are worth it because they are really beautiful. You always take such great shots.

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Chan, since you are in the education field, I feel highly complimented to get an A from you (even if you are biased):-)!

Amanda, well, we are in luck as life is full of challenges. :-)

D.L. thanks so much. I love my little rose even though I am scratching from the mosquito bites. lol

C.A., God blesses us with so many pretty and interesting things. I have to get a good photo once in awhile if I take enough pictures. lol

Thanks everyone for the visit.
God bless!

ruthi July 10, 2010 at 9:11 PM

hahahah... i can relate to this. indeed if my computer and camera could talk... i will surely hear them say... ENOUGH ALREADY!

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Ruthi, yes you know what I mean.

SquirrelQueen July 11, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Oh the things we go through to get a photo but sometimes the rewards make it all worthwhile. Great shots Judy.

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM