Monday, August 9, 2010

Eat a Rainbow to Achieve Optimal Health

Ives
One way to be sure you are feeling mellow is to remember to include your yellow (red, blue, green, and brown) in your diet. These pictures were taken at Ive’s Country Market. One of the lovely things about this time of year is the availability of fresh produce. For more about the benefits of eating a varied diet read Over 25 Reasons to Eat Colorful Food.

I sliced 1 1/2 summer squashes and created this tasty dish with them:

Layer slices about 3 deep. Sprinkle with grated Italian cheese and a teaspoon Italian spices. Do this in layers until you’ve used all your squash. Pour 1/3 jar of Ragu over the mixture. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Stir then microwave for 3 more. Enjoy.

For more mellow yellow please join us at Mellow Yellow Monday and enjoy your week!

Lesley August 9, 2010 at 2:20 AM

We are spoiled for choice at this time of year at the markets!

RNSANE August 9, 2010 at 4:33 AM

Sounds absolutely wonderful. I love all the summer squashes.

At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon!
( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )

Julie August 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM

What a lovely array of fruit you have for us today! The colours are simply gorgeus and go so well together like that. Are they peaches in the top right? I love juicy peaches where he juice runs down my arms and I practically need a bath at the end!! At the moment I am heavily into Navel Oranges. tHey are very juicy as well.

Icy BC August 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I love fruits and vegetables, Judy! I can eat them every day!

Mumsy August 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Beautiful mosaic of fruits and vegetables..I'd to try the yellow bean..

Manang Kim August 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carmen Araneta August 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Hi, Judy, thanks for visiting my blog. I took note of your squash recipe coz I love them. Be blessed even more.

Self Sagacity August 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Wonderful way to remember the veggies. I like your mosaic very much, it's clean and fresh, like the fruit.

CA Johnson August 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM

These are great shots of fruit. I just want to dive in a get one of those apples. :)