Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Individuality

God created these beautiful flowers with such intricate designs.

After reading Icy's blog and finding out her dianthus come back year after year I went back to Walmarts to see if they still had some. I really like this cheerful little flower. I wanted pinks like hers and as luck would have it they had them on sale. I got a tray of six for .50¢. That was a month ago and I still have some blooms. I love the way the flowers have intricate details that remind me of a tie dye skirt only the symmetry is so much better. We try to imitate God's patterns, but we just cannot come close. :-)

When I feel inadequate, I only have to look at the flowers.

When I feel totally inadequate in whatever I am attempting to do, or think that I am not as pretty, talented, successful or intelligent as someone else, I only have to look at the flowers, the birds, the sky and the many other wonders God has created. How can I doubt that I am special when He has taken the time to paint such beautiful detail on a flower which is smaller than the palm of my hand? Jesus told us to consider the lilies of the field. They are clothed in such fine rainment. Since He loves them, would He not love us many times more?

Fretting over our inadequacies is such a waste of time.

If you are any where near as busy as I am, you cannot afford to waste valuable time and why should we? He loves us as we are and created us to be the individuals that we are.

I read a beautiful poem the other day by Russell Kelfer. These words are so much more eloquent than mine. I hope you enjoy them:

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
~
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what He wanted to make.
~
The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
~
No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you'd grow.
~
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are beloved,
Because there is a God!

Take care and God bless!

Mumsy August 19, 2010 at 7:17 AM

For me, the best medicine to cure all those inadequate feelings is to accept who I'm, and the situation that was handed to me..

Very inspiring post to take to heart!

Cher August 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

what a nice poem you've shared Judy. I always feel blessed whenever i read your Thankful Thursday posts. God bless you more. :)

betchai August 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM

a tray of six for 50 cents? that is awesome Judy. Makes me want to stop at Walmart also later, but maybe too late a summer now to plant? but then, like what you said, Icy's dianthus come back year after year. yes, fretting over inadequacies is a waste of time, if we know we are inadequate to do something, why fret or worry about it? I get sad of course for not being able to do it the way i would want to, but i pray and lift it up to Him, move on and focus on my gifts on what I can do best, and if I have little time left, I work on those inadequacies instead to develop myself, that is if I see myself have a chance on it. Otherwise, I let go and let God. thanks for the very beautiful poem.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Mumsy, thanks for sharing such a beautiful attitude.

Cher, your thank you is so encouraging. I truly appreciate it.

Betchai, I could tell you were a strong inspired individual. You draw your strength where I do.

Take care & God bless.

SquirrelQueen August 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Dianthus is a beautiful flower, you will enjoy them for years to come. I have two in my garden.

The poem is great as are your thoughts. It is important for us to look to our strengths and not dwell on our weaknesses.

Self Sagacity August 25, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Ok- like betchai, I want some too for 50 cents! Are you kidding me? Especialy if it grows back every year...I didn't have much luck with my dianthus before.