Monday, September 6, 2010

The Nameless Yellow Flower

"Flowers and plants are silent presences; they nourish every sense except the ear." - May Sarton

"The career of flowers differs from ours only in inaudibleness." - Emily Dickinson

Glass tiles using PhotoScape
"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us." - Iris Murdoch

I'm not sure what these flowers are. They put me in the mind of straw flowers, but are a little different. If anyone knows please let me know. :-)

For more mellow yellow please join us at Mellow Yellow Monday and enjoy your holiday and upcoming week!

ruthi September 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

your nameless yellow flower looks gorgeous. i wish i know its name but sorry i can't be of help. i love the effect you did on the last photo... what do you call it?

RNSANE September 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Nameless, perhaps, but that, in no way, detracts from their beauty.

At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon! ( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1 ( Go to the site and click on reviews to see what folks think about my book! )

nancy September 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM

wonderful flowers u got here and love that glass tiles effect!

enjoy the week ahead!

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Ruthi, it's under the filter feature on PhotoScape. It's called glass tiles. It's a fun photo program to play with.

RNSANE< Congrats! I know you are excited.

CA Johnson September 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

What beautiful pics! The flower is really pretty.

Mumsy September 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Beautiful yellow flowers! It must be very pretty to see when they're all bloom!

SquirrelQueen September 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I like the quotes you have used with this lovely little flower. I have these in two different pots on my patio, they are called Strawflowers.

Self Sagacity September 11, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I don't know why, but yellow flowers tend to be nameless a lot. This one is interesting being that it is very bulky inside.

Judy SheldonWalker March 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Squirrel Queen, so then I am right? It is a straw flower.