Friday, September 3, 2010

My Tree

I call this tree mine
Lord, you know it's yours
I gaze at it lovingly
It's beauty reassures

Because if there was no God
I would not find such peace
In the wondrous beauty
Of the sky and trees

For a God who makes such wonders
From the ground to up above
Makes me ponder on His goodness
And ponder on His love.

Nature by God
Poetry by Judy Sheldon-Walker
My boss came by the window as I was taking photos and asked me if I was taking a picture of the bird which flew by. I told him I wish I could have captured it but was quite taken and pleased with the sky and tree. I showed him my photos and he admired them then told me he had a bird building a nest in the tree near his office window and might let me see it.
Cameras are not allowed on the call center floor, but I was out in the hallway away from the work area so that is quite all right. I haven't seen anyone else gazing out the window or taking pictures. Maybe I march to a different drummer, but I'm grateful for the beat I hear.

If you like sky watching then you'll have to join in at Sky Watch Friday. Have a blessed week end!

Luna Miranda September 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

we have the same grey clouds, and i have a view of trees, too.:p dramatic, ominous clouds.

Sylvia K September 3, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Ah, does look like grumpy skies, but terrific captures and lovely words! Happy SWF! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Sylvia

Icy BC September 3, 2010 at 7:35 AM

A very gloomy grey sky, Judy, but beautiful poem, and full of admiration for the Mighty God..

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I love the ominous clouds. It shows the power of God.

Thanks so much for the visits. Take care & God bless!

ruthi September 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM

love the verse Judy. the sky photo is already wonderful but if you did catch the bird and the nest... that would be awesome.

CA Johnson September 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM

You're poem and pics were beautiful. I really enjoyed them.

I am so sorry about your mother-in-law. My thoughts go out to your family.