Saturday, September 18, 2010

Budget Cuts Don't Effect Sunsets

I love sunsets and sunrises, but I love them even more when they are reflected on the water.The reflection makes them twice as stunning.

There will come a day when the sun will set for the last time...I purchased a new book called "Holy Humor." Our Father has a sense of humor, so I thought I would share a few laughs with you. Leslie Gibson, RN of Dunedin Fl. shared this one. A sign posted on a hospital ward read:

NOTICE
DUE TO THE CURRENT
BUDGET CUTBACKS,
THE LIGHT AT THE
END OF THE TUNNEL
WILL BE TURNED OFF
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Of one thing we can be sure, there are no "budget cuts" to stop our sun from shining. To join in weekend reflections please visit Weekend Reflections and have a blessed weekend!

Icy BC September 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Judy, that's funny! The light in my tunnel seemed to turn off all the time anyway!

Stunning picture!

ruthi September 18, 2010 at 9:59 PM

hahaha... you are right at least the sunset is not affected by budget cut. and in fact it was the sweetest and most romantic diner date i had in years with hubby.

due to budget cut... we opted to just buy KFC to go and parked our car at sebago lake and watched the sunset while we were having diner inside our car.

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 18, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Icy, I'll have to get you some energy efficient bulbs. :-)

Ruthi, I think (know) I would like that dinner much better than a fancy restaurant any time. It sounds so romantic. Did you take your camera? Sorry, the blogger in me doesn't rest. :-)

Mumsy September 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Oh what a gorgeous picture! I love the your picture with the reflection is the water.

WordsPoeticallyWorth September 20, 2010 at 1:44 AM

I was inspired by your delightful post,
Of humorous cut backs from the Holy Ghost,
But in the Biblical God we can still boast,
Of using his loaf as a great Sonrise host!

Great picure of a sunset, Judy.

It's good to smile, so thank you for raising this!

Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Self Sagacity September 22, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Hey, that is so true! It's natural thank god for the free gift.

SquirrelQueen September 22, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Fortunately nature is unaffected by such things as budget cuts, we can always enjoy its beauty.

I have noticed the light at the end of my tunnel has been flickering a lot lately. LOL!

Anonymous December 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Good evening

This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

Judy Sheldon-Walker December 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Anonymous, it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for me to post to my blog. Some people who are more efficient may be faster.

Thanks for the visit and God bless!