Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Mysteries for the Week

God brought this pretty little tree
And planted it for me
I never watered it
Or gave it any care
But this pretty little tree
Is just growing there...
Isn't God amazing?
From a tiny seed comes a tree
Isn't He amazing
To share with you and me??
~
Nature by God
poem by Judy Sheldon-Walker

Question 1. What kind of berry/tree is this?
Question 2. How do you spell snuck, you know the past tense of sneak? My spell checker gives me red squiggled lines every time and offers no suggestions.

To help solve the world's mysteries :-) wander over to Blessing Reflections and have a wonderful and blessed week.

THIS

Self Sagacity September 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Honestly, I don't know the name of this berry tree. BlackBerry? Not even close. Nice that it can grow wild as most berries do.
For your second question, I think he spellcheck on Microsoft likes sneaked for the past tense use and there is no snuck in the database. haha

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Amanda, I like snuck better. :-) I looked under snuck in the dictionary - nothing, but guess what, under sneak it lists snuck as colloquial. Now we are getting some where.

SquirrelQueen September 23, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Could your mystery berry be a Black Chokeberry?

Sneaked in some sentences sounds really dumb to me and I have used snuck (Yep, there's that red line underneath) a few times too.

Mumsy September 23, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Two questions, and I had no answers! Blackberries sound good, and snuck is what I would use for sneaked! Spell checker doesn't know it all :-)

Poetic Shutterbug September 23, 2010 at 2:45 PM

They look like blackberries to me but I cannot be sure.

As a write I should know the second answer but I think in most sentences you can use either. What do I know, I only take pictures now :D

CA Johnson September 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I loved the poem that you used with the pics. I wish I knew the answer to the first one. :) I use "snuck" too and it's considered wrong on my computer too. I have noticed that with some other words too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Thanks guys, I think for now I will just sneak snuck in when I feel it is appropriate. Spell checker doesn't know everything. lol

ruthi September 23, 2010 at 9:43 PM

i don't know what kind of berries are those but they look yummy. looks like olives to me. and with regards to spelling... i have doubts with that. hahahaha