Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Two Questions

Blessed Reflections has started a new theme and I want to play too! We get to ask two questions and help each other solve them! Sound fun? Click on the link and join in!

My first question is do you know what the above flower is? Icy told me to take pictures today and so I did. :-)  Anne, my co-worker asked me to too. She was side swiped on the way into work so I took a series of photos of the damage done to her car. Thankfully, she is o-k!! A bunch of these vivid little blue flowers were growing wildly near her car.

Question two -  . I was scheduled out of my job at 1:30 and had a 2:00 p.m. appointment for a blood pressure recheck. My doctor did not like my numbers and wanted to double the strength of my prescription. I was concerned over this proposition as long term medications can damage the liver, so she made me a bargain, she would recheck my pressure before calling in another prescription. Ever since being diagnosed with hypertension I have closely monitored my diet, particularly sodium and I am truly disappointed that I need to take medication to lower my blood pressure.

The nurse called me from the lobby to come back and get my second series of Depo-Provera. I looked at her puzzled. She held my chart. I saw my name typed across the label.  I told her I was there for my blood pressure recheck, and she states, "yes, after you get your shot."  By this time I thought she had clearly lost her mind. I then told her I was only there to get my blood pressure checked and nothing else. She left me alone in the room and briskly left the room to check. I'm thinking if this is the way they planned to double my prescription strength, it worked because I was having trouble remaining calm. I thought of my mother who has had a series of strokes and was left unable to talk. I could talk, but she can't. My mind was going a mile a minute. I was shocked that they could get my care that confused.

She came back about ten minutes later and asked if I was ready to get my pressure checked. I stated "Sure, after you scared me to death. We're going to get a good reading now, aren't we?" She replied, "Oh that was just a little error. It's o-k."

THISShortly after I am relating this to my husband and he is laughing his head off. He told me I over reacted and no harm was done. Did I over react?

Thanks for playing. Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity September 16, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Hi Judy, I don't know what the name of that flower is, but it looks so unique. I have a lot of flower questions myself. LOL
You didn't over react, I think I would feel the same way. I took my sons to their pediatrician for 12 years, and she didn't even know us. That made me switch! Scary...

Ann September 16, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I like posts of alternative meds,
strange I didn't come to visit earlier. I am following you.

SquirrelQueen September 16, 2010 at 4:43 AM

I'm glad to hear you co-worker wasn't hurt in the accident. As for the little flower that's one I not familiar with but it is really pretty.

It sounds like the nurse might have gotten her instructions mixed up. I can't imagine why a doctor would play such a trick just to increase your prescription, if she did I would be looking for another doctor.

Icy BC September 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM

I don't have any idea what the flower is called, but it's pretty.

I don't think you're over reacting, I would too.

I'm glad you're checked out ok, Judy! Thanks for linking up~

DoanLegacy September 16, 2010 at 7:00 PM

You are not over-reacting at all! That's kind of scary when they want to do more than you were told before..

The blue flowers are beautiful, but I don't know the name!

Thanks for joining Thursday Two Questions, Judy! Appreciate it very much..

WordsPoeticallyWorth September 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM

That cute little flower is lovely. I've recently come back from a trip to a picturesque part of Wales, and I was amazed at the blooming flowers tucked away in the mountains.

I'm sorry about your blood pressure, but what an amusing tale amidst your concerns!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Cher September 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM

i always thought my husband always over react with small things. he was diagnosed with hypertension too and thankfully, he's not required to take maintenance medication. i guess you did not over react, it is a normal reaction for you guys who has hypertension. you take care, Judy. will include your good health in my prayers...

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Cher, thanks. You are so sweet.

ruthi September 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM

so you are joining the 2-questions meme too. well... good for you. too bad i don't have the answers for both. hahaha.