Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Self Discipline

Self discipline is needed to turn your intentions into reality and your weaknesses into strength. Without it even if you know what you want you cannot work to get it. Knowing what you do not want, you do not know how to avoid it...

Self discipline is vital to living life on   your own terms. With effort, determination, and sacrifice those goals can be met.  It is not punishment but a means of obtaining fulfillment. It enables one to reach their highest goals and to become the best person they can be.

How do you get self discipline? You already have it and use it daily. It means nothing more than controlling your own actions and urges and you have used this since you were a child. To become more self disciplined merely means a conscious decision on one's part to begin living your life on your own terms. Today is the day to begin, this moment, do not postpone it as tomorrow is promised to no one and only this moment is ours.

Take care and God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG September 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Beautiful article with beautiful flowers. thanks, sis. :-)

Cher September 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM

"tomorrow is promised to no one and only this moment is ours"

so true, Judy! Take care and God bless you more...

Icy BC September 30, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I see you get low down for these beautiful photos, Judy! And yes, discipline is what I must do every day..No buts..about it!

CA Johnson September 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I really enjoyed your article and the flowers. They were so pretty and I love the color.

Mumsy September 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I set out a certain time and date to writing, or do whatever I have too to discipline myself, but I also have to go with the flow when needed..

beautiful flowers!

ruthi September 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I love what you say in your first sentence... Self discipline is needed to turn your intentions into reality and your weaknesses into strength. So true! I am thankful that I was raised by a disciplinarian.

SquirrelQueen October 4, 2010 at 4:38 AM

This is a really great article Judy. We need to have self discipline and set goals or we will never grow as a person. Without personal growth life has little meaning.

Self Sagacity October 10, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Very pretty flower and color, it is soft and feminine.