Tuesday, October 5, 2010

L is for Love

When I was a young lass I was in love with love. The right man would show up and whisk me away and we would live happily ever after. Now I am in love with the creator of love:

Long ago I Longed for Love while my husband Lusted...
He promised that he Loved me but his promise busted
Leisurely he Lazed around until I threw the Loser out
Love was not the bond that held, Lack of it won out.
Now I place my Love and faith
in my Lord and Savior
For the Light of His pure Love makes my spirits soar.

Judy Sheldon-Walker

Join the Lovely challenge for Limitless fun at  ABC Wednesday!

lisaschaos October 6, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Very well written, although sad, and happy all together, if that makes sense.. I love your wonderful sky.

WordsPoeticallyWorth October 6, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Love is worth pursuing,
And forever renewing,
As it can keep on growing
From lots of caring sowing!

Great sentiments of 'LOVE' to express and feel, but with a turning down side of fallible humans!

I will soon be leaving blogging world, to explore pastures new. Too many people are in such a hurry these days; and as they pass, lots of them don't spare a thought to say 'hello'! Life needs to slow down for much of our lives!

I'm leaving one of my blogs open, as I might return one day! But thank you for all of your comments, which have always been appreciated.

You are a lovely person, and I wish you well.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Roger Owen Green October 6, 2010 at 6:28 AM

That Rogers & Hart song comes to mind - Falling in love with love is falling for misery.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Wanda October 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Beautiful sky picture... He is the Lover of my Soul too. :)

ruthi October 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM

L - is for lovely.

Self Sagacity October 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM

A lot of truths in your poem. I enjoyed the read.

SquirrelQueen October 11, 2010 at 3:36 AM

That is an excellent poem Judy, filled with many truths. Being in love with love is usually a recipe for disaster.