Monday, November 15, 2010

The fading red leaves

Did you ever wonder how a leave starts green
Then turns yellow orange and red?

Is it anything you think about?
Does the thought enter your head?

Lately God's mysteries have made me pause and think
Sure there's yellow, orange and red, but now I'm seeing pink!

Join us for Ruby Tuesday and have a great week.
God bless!

reg November 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Very nice shoots here, Sadly all our leaves have dropped already. But still no snow so all is good

Malay-Kadazan Girls November 16, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I think I learnt why it changes colour in science classes long time ago. But now I can't remember why. Nice shot.

SquirrelQueen November 16, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I do think about it sometimes while taking photos but them my brain does a flashback to a lecture in a biology course long ago. I try to ignore the scientific explanations floating around in my head when I have a camera in hand.

Beautiful leaves Judy, I do see a little pink there too. We are having strong winds tonight so I don't expect to see many leaves left on the trees tomorrow morning.

HOOTIN' ANNI November 16, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Simply beautiful!!!! Autumn is my favorite time of year for color. Sadly, we don't get much of it around here until most are enjoying the winter wonderlands.

LEGO art is my Ruby Tuesday today, hope you can stop by to join me!!

Auntie E November 16, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I love all the color of the different leaves. I think the crimson ones are my favorite red tones.

chubskulit November 16, 2010 at 4:40 PM

It's the part of the fall that I like, the part that I don't like is when al the leaves fell already, it's sad.

CA Johnson November 21, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Your pics are beautiful. I have wondered why the leaves changed colors too. One of my neighbors has a tree in her yard. The leaves were green in the tree, but they were yellow by the time they hit the ground. It was really weird.

Judy Sheldon-Walker November 24, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I am missing all the pretty leaves as most of them are now underfoot. They were pretty while they were displayed.

CA, if you find out write the article. I'll read it. :-)

Henry, thanks for your visit. It means a lot!

ruthiw November 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM

lovely mosaic of fall. love it.