Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday - His Peace

When the work whistle blows
And the day is o'er
There are things to do
Before heading through the door

Got to run some errands
Paying bills and such
Trying to call my friends
Trying to stay in touch

Got to plan dinner
And buy some milk and bread
Then home to make dinner
But we go out instead

With all this running to and fro
I scarce can catch my breath
It's no wonder I am tired
I've run myself to death!

Then God in all His wisdom
Sends His beauty for me to see
Just one look at His artwork
And peace washes over me

Nature by God
poem by his humble servant
Judy Sheldon-Walker

Isn't He awesome?

This post linked to

sweetmemoirs November 11, 2010 at 1:45 AM

your posts are always a source of great inspiration. God bless you, Judy.

•••Mumsy••• November 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Beautiful photos, and your poem describes so many of us..

Hope all is well, and thing works out for the best!

CA Johnson November 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I really loved your poem and the pics. God's gift is so beautiful and it certainly does help to stop and check it out every once in a while. It is a great way to calm you down or at least distract you from the pressures of the day.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) November 13, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Beautiful pic with beautiful words.. Hey, my dear, still remember me? Yeah, I was supposed to join you on SkyWatch on Fri but well, hadn't been able to be around due to my injured foot.. It had been a long while and the pain was depriving me from everything.. Could barely walk, stand and even sit.. But, yeah, I am better now.. so yeah, I am here, to let you know, that I miss you and will join you on next Fri, hopefully..
I am not fully recovered yet, you know, still in pain but at least, I can sit, stand and walk (a little).. See you around, yeah? You can find the pic on Tingnovels and the latest diary out on Tingtasy about my injury.. See you around and hope I am not forgotten.. ;)
*HUG*

SquirrelQueen November 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM

That is a truly beautiful sunset, what a lovely way to end a busy day. The thought behind your poem is wonderful.

What I find sad is that there are many people out there who never notice such beauty.

Ruthi November 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

lovely photos... the water scenery is so peaceful... lovely poem too.