Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Be the One who Cares!

A former classmate sent me this email the other day. It's called the Charles Schultz (the creator of the Peanuts comic strip)  phillosphy.
 More>>>>
(I originally published this on 12/22/2010 and was doing some blog cleaning and thought I would revamp it and bring it back. I hope you don't mind. )

It consists of a quick quiz to help us stop and think:

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heismann trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies... Awards tarnish...Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

The lesson:

The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials ... the most money ... or the most awards.

They simply are the ones who care the most. Remember and appreciate those who have made a difference in your life, and return the favor by doing/being something special for someone else.''Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!"

To learn more about Charles Schultz click the link below the illustration. He was truly a fascinating and talented individual. His first strip was published in 1950. He passed away Feb. 12, 2000, and you can still find his comics in many syndicated columns.

My questions are:

1) Who is/are the most important person/people to you?

2) Why?

Now let them know. :-)!!  Everyone likes to be appreciated and recognized and they shouldn't have to win the Nobel Peace prize for us to appreciate them!! Let them know you as "the one who cares!"

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. If you have the time join us in  Two Questions Thursday. This is such a great way to get to know one another. Thanks Self Sagacity for hosting this!THIS

WordsPoeticallyWorth December 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Wonderful thoughts to provoke appreciation to those who deserve it, and not in any malice, but heart-felt feelings of a care to share and to be proud by being loud!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

All the very best for Christmas, and may the light of Christ shine in your beautiful-self, as you already are a truth in teaching!

Self Sagacity December 23, 2010 at 12:15 AM

This has to be one of the coolest/ creative post you've had on TTQ - don't read too much into it. It just meant "I really like it."
I like that it picks at the heart. Maybe I am a bit dramatic. Anyhow...
1&2) My SO. He has to be the only, meaning, if he wasn't here now, who would give a damn for me? The most important person in my life. He is the only one that takes care of me, literally. Gives up time for me, does things for me without asking for anything back. I am sure if my siblings had the opportunity they would do the same too, but in this case he is the one god chose, and I would be in bad shape without someone that cares for me.
Happy Holidays, and thanks for joining today dearest Judy.

Luna Miranda December 23, 2010 at 3:23 AM

an awesome post! i love Schultz' philosophy.

1) my immediate family is the most important people to me. my mom, a sister and 2 brothers.

2) because family is where i am accepted--with no questions asked. well, there are questions sometimes but no matter what the explanation is, they are still my biggest ally. we quarrel, take sides but we're always a team. they are the people who are around in good times and bad times.

Margaret Duarte December 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM

What a great lesson! Thank you. I have too many people in my life who are special to me, so I can't begin to name them all. Guess numbers one through six would be my husband, sons, daughter-in-law and granddaughters. Then I have two awesome sisters and seven awesome sisters-in-law. And then some pretty special friends. See what I mean? I so appreciate them and hope to let them know more often. Again, thanks for the great post.

SquirrelQueen December 24, 2010 at 11:16 PM

You have definitely given us food for thought Judy.

Definitely my husband, he is my soul mate. We moved from two different states to Alaska and after crossing paths on many occasions we finally wound up on the same road together.

CA Johnson December 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM

This is a very interesting post. I wasn't able to answer any of the beginning questions, but I can answer yours. My family and friends are the most important people in my life. They are always there for me whenever I need them and they love me unconditionally.

Jim December 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I like your recycled post and Two Questins, Judy. The person most important to me is probably Mrs. Jim. She settled me down and brought me back to the Lord.

And yes, I tell her quite often.

Judy SheldonWalker December 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Jim, that is so sweet. You two are so blessed to have one another and the Lord. What more could one want?

Blessings and hugs!!

Cathy Kennedy December 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Wonderful post! You're so right, it's those who matter most to us who have the greatest impact in our lives. I would have to say my parents, my DH's parents, and of course my DH have been the people who have helped to shape me into the person I am today. If it weren't for their teachings, encouragement, guidance, and belief then I don't know how I would have turned out. Thankfully I will never know that lesson.

debra December 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Wonderful C Post !! merry christmas season :)

Colette S December 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Wow Judy, this is so beautiful! Thank you for revamping it.

You need some share buttons under each article honey for easy sharings!

Now, my children, husband and mother are very important to me. I would not be the same person without them, even though the husband drives me insane!

Why? Because I think they would remember me, and they love me and they put up with me. :)

Happy Thursday!

Self Sagacity December 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Do you know something? Forgetting about what your comment was, I never even remembered that I ever read it before.
This is a great post Judy. I love to sign off with this under my signature: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials ... the most money ... or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.
because it is absolutely true! Thanks for reminding us to be giving and helpful to others too.
Have a great weekend. Great post.

debra December 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I am coming back to visit because I saw your post on my blog. Having that many Grands and Greats is amazing! :) I am in awe! :) I have just been blogging for a little over six months and one of the FIRST communities that I got involved in ( with link parties and such ) was the GRANDparenting one. There are a couple party buttons on my sidebar that are centered around that if you ever want to attend. It's a nice community :) I have your site bookmarked to come back to in the next few days..it looks so interesting! :)