Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's your favorite natural remedy?

It was a windy day last summer and I wanted a close up of this chicory flower so I placed it on the trunk of my car and blocked the wind. Since beginning my journey of looking into natural remedies I have come to love many of them. I grew up eating dandelion greens never realizing the amazing benefits of this plant until much much later. For more about the benefits of dandelion greens read here.

It is a continual and fascinating journey.  My questions are:

1. What is your favorite natural remedy? Mine is turmeric.

2. What are the natural remedies you would like to learn more about? I want to know about them all!!

If you have the time please join us in  Two Questions Thursday. This is such a great way to get to know one another. THIS Take care and God bless!

SquirrelQueen January 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

The chicory flower is beautiful Judy. I like natural remedies and my favorite is probably valerian. It has always made sleeping easier when needed.

I can't think of one right off the top of my head but I always enjoy reading about natural remedies.

Cori January 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

My favorite natural remedy is aloe vera. I always keep a plant in my garden for it helps all the family for the little skin problems: acne, eczema, burns,scratch, insect bites.. And right now, the natural remedies I'd like to learn more about are niaouli, lavender and chamomile.

CA Johnson January 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM

This is a beautiful flower that you used in this post. I don't have a favorite natural remedy. Anything that works naturally is okay with me.

JamericanSpice January 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM

1. Definitely Aloe Vera. I introduced dh to it when he came to my country

2. I'd love to learn more about natural remedies for colds. They are so common.

Blogger Broadcast January 22, 2011 at 1:44 AM

1) I love the perilla mint and its cures, I am sure you've read about it on my post, but here it is again: http://www.selfsagacity.com/2010/09/sate-shrimp-in-porridge-and-healing.html
2) Colds and sore throat, blood pressure control as well.

★Mumsy★ January 22, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Beautiful flower and color!

I don't have a favorite remedy, since anything natural is good enough for me..

Deanna January 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Hi Judy,

My go-to natural remedy is Pau d'arco - it helps with ear, nose and throat inflammation as well as some infections. I also take daily Soy Isoflavones and Black cohosh. :)

Self Sagacity January 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

The flower is amazing! It is like there are jewels around the top. Such royalty.