Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crooked shadows

Funny thing, if you do not hold your camera level, you may get a picture that is not level. Hmm... I took four - all crooked. :-)

I was fascinated by the shadow of this wine decanter that I picked up at Goodwill for under a dollar. I had thought that I might resell it on e-bay, but when I turned it over to get some descriptive words there was clearly written NOT FOR RESALE.  So how is your day going? Thanks for visiting and join us in celebrating Shadow Shot Sunday. Take care and God bless.

Spadoman February 13, 2011 at 11:37 AM

First time here. I came by seeing your name in the Mr. Linky at Shadow Shot Sunday.
Looks to me that that object was suppose to be yours since it told you not to re sell it.
Very nice shadow shots. many people put their camera at an angle as oart of their art form. You shouldn't have said anythingnand people would think you planned it that way all along.
I am interested in herbs as an alternative to western medicine. I'll look around your site.
Thanks.

Peace

Ruthi February 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

crooked it may be but artistic it is.

Magical Mystical Teacher February 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Crooked or not, the shadow is exquisite!

A SEEKER OF SHADOWS

A seeker of shadows one day
Asked shadows to come out and play:
“O shadows, my dears,
Despite all my fears,
I hope you will not run away.”

© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

CA Johnson February 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

These are really nice shots. My mother has the same wine decanter that you used in the pictures. Small world. :)

Kelly February 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Your decanter made a beautiful shadow shot! (I like the bottom photo best)

I'd say you got a bargain!

Hey Harriet February 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Nice score! And I like the crookedness of your photos. Much more creative! Have a great week :)

SquirrelQueen February 14, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Not crooked, artistic. I do that all the time to give the photo a 'different slant'.

The decanter is very pretty. Usually the words Not for Resale are on things either given out as samples or as part of a set. But then it was resold to you wasn't it?

***Icy BC February 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I miss looking for shadow opts, but the sun and the weather were not cooperating too well..