Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Babies

This is my baby girl and her baby girl. Her daughter (my grand daughter) is just 3 months old and has the power to wrap all of us around her little finger. My car has been down all week and my husband has been kind enough to take me every where I needed to go. I asked him to run me by my daughter Ruby's for a minute and he had no problem with that. He made a bee line for our grand daughter. They are like two peas in a pod. She got a new fluffy pink monkey for valentine's day and was quite enamored with it, and Grandpa in her. It warms my heart  to see the way my hubby interacts with the little ones. They have the power to bring out a sweeter and softer side to his nature.

My questions:

1. What warms your heart?

2. Is it something natural or do you have to go out of your way to find it?

This post linked to Two Questions Thursday. Join in and enjoy the conversation. Thanks for visiting me and God bless!

Luna Miranda February 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

oh, your grand-daughter is so cute! what a lovely pair--your hubby and grand-daughter. i find it sweet to see men holding babies.:p

1) Fritz, my sweet and gentle dog
2) Fritz is always waiting by the door...and my heart melts as soon as i see his tail wagging excitedly. Babies and toddlers also warm my heart...when i see them in the malls, airplanes, beaches, they seem to smile and gravitate towards me.

SquirrelQueen February 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM

What a little doll, your grand daughter is adorable Judy. I can tell that she and your hubby have bonded.

1. A fuzzy kitten, someone showing kindness, a small child making a discovery....you get the idea.

2. I think those things are all aound us if we just look. But the fuzzy kitten is one of my little feral babies living on our patio.

Single country gal February 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM

What a Cutie!

1) I have two My niece's and my cat Shadow.

2) My nieces are always happy to see me ansd if they do get mad at me they seem to get over it quickley.
Then there is Shadow, He greets me at the door and if I am feeling bad he is always there trying to make me feel better.

Self Sagacity February 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM

1) Thanks for sharing your granddaughter's photos. You are right about babies bringing out the gentleness and softness in some tough guys. I think it is the most pleasurable thing to see.
2) Trinity warms my heart quite often in a day. My sons do too, they are wonderful kids. My SO too, he is a very calming and gentleman in many ways so I am often warmed by his reactions or interactions. Other than people, my plants and garden warms me and all are NATURAL- the best kind.

Lui February 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM

That was a precious time!

Kindness in any form warms my heart. And the natural beauty of growth around me delights me now since I grew up in the city!

Have a warm week! ;-)

Cathy Kennedy February 18, 2011 at 6:33 AM

What warms my heart? Sweet memories of my children when they were small.

Definitely natural...I mean, I find myself remembering all the time of those fond days spent doing lovely things with my kiddos, especially my daughters since they now live on their own. My son is still at home, but my drifts back often to when he was small, too. =D

I decided to come back to repost a similar response, since you were unable to post my comments because of my links. I apologize for that. I believe you mentioned this to me before, but I'm sooo terrible with remembering.

Anywho...if anyone wants to learn about my new children's book, then you're going to have to visit my blog or email me. LOL. Have an awesome Friday!

~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

forgetmenot February 18, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Your granddaughter is TOO cute. They do take over our hearts, don't they? What fun you must be having with her. Mickie

JamericanSpice February 18, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Oh so precious! Aww. Thanks for sharing the baby fever :)

I've been sick these past few days and seeing my son come up and give me a hug and say, mommy I hope you feel better soon, warms my heart. And it's all here at home.

♥-Icy BC-♥ February 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM

1) My heart is warm when I watch a beautiful love story!

2) Both..some time it's all natural, while other time I'll have to look for it..

CA Johnson February 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Your daughter and granddaughter are really beautiful. Looking at your granddaughter warmed my heart. :) When I see old pics of me, my sister, and mother, it warms my heart.