Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Trust

Whether it be a child, pet or an adult there is a point where a decision has to be made. Do I trust this person/animal? Do I allow myself to let down my guard? I snapped at least a dozen pictures of Cookie and hubby napping before she lifted her head to check ms out. Her nap was interrupted by my bothersome picture taking!

Cookie trusts. Tiger doesn't!

Our tom cat will not sleep on my husband. He won't even climb in his lap and is skittish around him. His mother Cookie has none of this reserve. She completely trusts everyone who comes through our door. He, on the other hand, runs and hides whenever anyone besides my husband or I are at home and will only cuddle with Cookie or me.

1) Do you trust by instinct or do you reserve judgement and wait until someone has proved themself? I usually trust by instinct but once I have been betrayed my trust has to be earned.

2) Have you ever had your trust betrayed? I have had my trust deeply and irreparably broken at times, and other times we have been able to mend fences and forge a stronger bond.

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions, a wonderful idea hatched by Amanda.  Icy BC aided her sister in the launch. You can find more issues addressed  by Amanda at SelfSagacity. She is doing a fantastic job. Check her out. Thanks for visiting me and God bless!

Poetic Shutterbug March 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

1. I normally trust on instinct however I have been "burned" a few times. I don't wait for someone to prove themselves because for me that is having expectations which I don't like to impose on others.

2. It hurts deeply when a trust is broken and damaged but it is also a lesson learned and I believe we grow as a result.

Margaret Duarte March 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM

1. I'm slow to trust, which in today's world, unfortunately, might not be such a bad thing.

2. Of course, I've been betrayed, but not intentionally. Sometimes I think I set my standards and expectations too high and the betrayal might be in my mind rather than real.

♥-Icy BC-♥ March 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

1) I trust on instinct too, and had been betrayed many times, but I still fall in the same mold with a bit more reserve..

2) My nature, I finally come to understand, is to hold everyone in high regard, even after I've been hurt by them, I still find myself trusting and giving to the same people. Old habit dies hard, Judy!

(BTW-Thursday Two Questions is Amanda's original brain child!)

Luna Miranda March 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM

1) i trust by instinct but common sense dictates that sometimes i have to reserve judgment.

2) yes, i have been betrayed, and even i have forgiven the person, it's difficult to trust him again.

Self Sagacity March 18, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Hi Judy, thanks for the introduction of TTQ! That's sweet of you.
What a great catch of the two.
1) I trust by instinct like you many times. It takes at least a couple of interactions for me though.
2) I have been betrayed by my trust only with friends - not so lucky in this area. Not so much lovers- I have been lucky in this area.

SquirrelQueen March 18, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I tend to rely on my instincts and sometimes they tell me not to trust. Whenever we trust someone we are taking a gamble and there are times we will be disappointed.

A time or two but usually it was minor.

JamericanSpice March 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM

1. It takes me a long time to trust anyone. So if we aren't having a constant relationship, there's probably no hope of trusting you.

2. Yes and by the one person who shouldn't have and sadly it has done irreparable harm and I'm not sure how many more years it will take to heal. But so far it's been many years and still nothing.

Enjoy your weekend.

Lui March 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Cats and most animals trust by instinct. Tiger is young and is still taking time to know everyone. In time, Tiger will be cuddling like Cookie. My dogs don't trust visitors. ;-(

I am usually open. I talk to strangers and animals right away ;-) I got betrayed and I get cautious but time is too short to be nursing grudges. Of course, if it is about work, I look for dedication and integrity.

DoanLegacy March 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

1) Lately, I'm having a hard time taking what people said to me as any value, I have been played too many times..

2) I used to trust people on what they said, but now I just blew them off..