Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Gray Days!

I find that even days of gray
Have a beauty to display
Pearl gray shimmering
In the night
In the grays
Tinged in white.

Beauty by God
Poem by Judy

Would we appreciate sunsets, sunrises, gorgeous blue skies and vivid flowers as much if not for the "gray" days? We know that rainy days are necessary for things to bloom and grow but there is something about the luminous pearl gray of the skies that I find appealing.
What unusual things do you find beautiful?
Your visits are so appreciated. This post linked to Thursday Two Questions. Thanks! Take care and God bless!

Poetic Shutterbug April 20, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I also find beauty in grey days and rainy days. I love see flower petals that have fallen to the ground and lining a concrete path.

I find beauty in skyscrapers reaching the skies.

I find beauty actually in many things.

Margaret Duarte April 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM

When I go for my three-mile walks, I see the most beautiful displays of wild flowers, so strong that they withstand draught and flooding, sun and shade. Some, such as the California Poppy, take my breath away when I see them massed together in ditches and fields.

SquirrelQueen April 21, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Your new header and background are so pretty Judy, I love all the yellows.

Even on dark gray days I find myself looking at the way tree branches reach for the sky. I like puddles and the way the raindrops cause rings and splashes. Yesterday I took a photo of a dandelion with fallen tulip petals on its leaves. I have another blogging friend who finds the coolest heart shapes in trash. There is beauty almost everywhere.

Angelgirlpj April 21, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Here in Northern Indiana we've had a lot of of grey sky's and rain but Praise the Lord the sun is shining this morning. Now the flowers will grow and grow.I think they are smiling as much as I am.

-☼-Icy BC April 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I find wild flowers or weeds beautiful, especially the ones that grow in my unattended yard!

DoanLegacy April 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Gray day is fine, only if it didn't drag on too long.

Ordinarily things are beautiful too, such as a fly or a cricket..

CA Johnson April 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Your poem was really beautiful. I agree that we probably wouldn't appreciate how beautiful the sun and blue sky is if it weren't for the cloudy days.

I think that rainbows are beautiful even though I don't get to see them that often, but that's not really unusual. :)

*The Old Geezer April 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Never a dull moment on God's green earth. Everyday is a new adventure exploring His creation :-)

God bless and have a wonderful Easter :-)

~Ron
*******

Self Sagacity April 26, 2011 at 7:39 AM

I am very sensitive when it comes to weather, rain. I like sun and lots of warmth. I couldn't survive living in Michigan. I appreciate nice, bright, sunny days even though I do get plenty of it.

SweetMemoirs April 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM

it is so true, we tend to appreciate things better when the gray days come into our lives... just like how we appreciate having ample supply of water after experiencing severe El Nino phenomenon.

thanks for droppin' by earlier. hope you saw my nature discovery post too. i know you love nature as much as i do. ;)

Anonymous April 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Silence is deep as Eternity, Speech is shallow as Time.