Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Discovering Grand River

The Grand River threads through various cities and towns in Michigan covering approximately 300 miles. I found another area that it threads through the other day and was just waiting for the opportunity to take a peek. I came across it the first time while  taking Mom home after our Mother's day  luncheon but had no time to stop. Mom was in a hurry to get home to watch the Tiger's game. After dropping her off I came back to take a look but ran into a man who was acting rather peculiar so I left and came back two nights later. All the while I was taking pictures I kept looking over my shoulder hoping the peculiar character from the other day didn't decide to stop by. :-)
This tree was growing among SEVERAL others along the river bank. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?

This post linked to Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday! Thanks for visiting me! Take care and God bless!

Judy May 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM

There are a lot of Grand Rivers out there - there is one in southern Ontario, too!
Also interesting that the three links at Watery Wed. are from Judi, Judy and now Judy!
Keep exploring - the place looks wonderful!

SquirrelQueen May 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I'm glad you got to get down to the river banks, it looks like a beautiful place. I love the reflections.

I'm not sure about the tree, it looks familiar but I'm not good with tree names.

fjällripan May 11, 2011 at 5:05 AM

Beautiful photos by the river! Lovely flowers to, it looks a little like cherryblossoms...? :)

Icy BC May 11, 2011 at 6:31 AM

How beautiful! Looks like a calm and peaceful area, Judy!

☆☆Mumsy May 11, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Do be careful out there! I don't know what kind of flower they are, but they are beautiful.

CA Johnson May 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Your pics were really good. That's good that you didn't see the strange man again.