Monday, June 20, 2011

Not Everyone Loves Tea

Pictured above is a catnip plant that reseeded itself in my yard from last year. I grow catnip for my cats, but also for me. It makes a very relaxing tea. I came across a dear person at work the other day who is battling lung cancer. I dug this plant up for her to help calm her stomach and the stress she is dealing with going through chemotherapy.  As grateful as she was, she advised me that she cannot stand the thought of drinking tea. Fortunately we do not have to drink tea to get the benefits. For over half a dozen ways to get the benefits of tea without drinking it read Good News for those who Hate Drinking Tea.

Here's a hint, one way is to fill ice cube trays with tea and drop them in lemonade, punch or soup. Some flower petals have medicinal properties and can be very pretty in home made punch. Aren't these ice cube trays pretty?

This post linked to Ruby Tuesday and Clytie's Guest Heart Thursday. Thanks so much for your visit. Take care and God bless!

DrillerAA09 June 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Plenty of Ruby red opportunities here. Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday.

Icy BC June 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Good to know info for those who don't like drinking tea. I love drinking tea.

Pretty ice cube trays!

chubskulit June 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Main beverage at our home is iced tea!

SquirrelQueen June 22, 2011 at 4:02 AM

I love tea especially iced but this is still a great idea. When ice cubes melt they dilute the drink, that wouldn't be the case if the ice cubes were made from tea.

Kerri June 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I'm one of those people who rarely drink tea - thank you for the great idea and link! I enjoy the benefits from it, just not always the taste.

Self Sagacity June 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I love your ice cube trays, they are pretty and sweet. I am not a tea drinker. I have too many bad habits already ;-) can't afford another one- but good to know about the benefits of catnip.

CA Johnson July 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend. I am definitely a tea drinker, but these are good to know for people who don't like tea.

Clytie September 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I think you are onto something here - if we could all have our medicine in the shape of hearts, it would certainly brighten our days!

I'm going to HAVE to go find me some of those DELIGHTFUL ice cube trays! I've never seen one with hearts before!!!