Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Success

I have been suffering from blogger blues. First of all I was blue because I did not have the time to get on the computer. Second of all blogger was not letting me upload pictures. The above pictures were taken by me this week end in preparation for Ruby Tuesday. On Monday night I opened blogger in all four of my browsers and not one would successfully upload my pictures. Finally at about 2:00 am I threw in the towel and made way for my bed. For two days I have spent quite a bit of time reviewing and rehashing things on my computer as my antivirus was disabled (not by me!), updates were not updating and everything was taking for ever. But after performing restore a half a dozen times and searching for updates for the computer I received a pop up from my anti-virus and it is back!!

My two questions this week are a bit unusual. My daughter in law, Mari, has a homework assignment on French director Marcel Carne` and we have searched high and low for a book about him and two movies he directed: Children of Paradise, Daybreak or Bizarre, Bizarre. She tried Netflix and could not find anything and tried Amazon.com and our local libraries.

Have you ever been given an unusual homework assignment and how did you get through it?

Have you any suggestions for sources?

Thanks for visiting. Your visits are always refreshing. Please join us at Amanda's tonight and participate in Thursday's two question.
Take care and God bless.

SquirrelQueen July 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I can usually find anything on Amazon, it's my main source. So I did a quick search. I found a book:

and movie:

Both have a lot of info in the descriptions.

I'm just wondering how I ever got through homework assignments without the internet.

Hope the links help! The book sounds really good.

Self Sagacity July 21, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Hi Judy, sorry about the extra complicated work.
I remember a couple of times, and I ended up having to ask one of the classmates.

Icy BC July 21, 2011 at 7:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem with the computer, Judy! As for the assignment, if you have searched online, and at the library, I have no idea where to look for resource either.

Icy BC July 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Wikipedia has a bit of info on Marcel Carne', and you can read a bit more about him here: http://www.sensesofcinema.com/2011/great-directors/marcel-carne/

JamericanSpice July 21, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I'm glad your blogger is working again.

1. I can't remember an unusual assignment but I'm sure I got them in school and I sweated buckets!

2. Why not just ask the school or professor where to find the material/books etc?

♥~Judy~♥ July 21, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Judy,Icy, thanks so much. We did search Amazon and did not have the time to wait for the book but had not thought of reading the book description. We looked for the link they sometimes have where you can read pages. We also checked Wikipedia which has lots of sources (not like they used to), but she has to read the biography and watch the movies. We are compiling all we can and hopefully she can get the 12 pages required writing. Tonight we found one of the movies...

CA Johnson July 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you were having computer problems. I don't like when I can't get online. I have never been given any unusual homework assignments. I never like getting any that required a lot of research. I would try Wikipedia too if there wasn't anything at Amazon or the library. My local library usually had the information I needed for assignments.