Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Friends

I have most likely written a post on being thankful for friends before, because I am so thankful for them. It goes beyond words. I have blogging friends, coworker friends, virtual friends and friends that I used to work with.  There is Jeannie, Beverly, Anne, Icy, Chan, Pam, Roberta, Ruthi, Amanda ....They are wonderful. supportive, always ready to listen, advise and support. We may not always agree, (but usually do); they always care. No matter how stupid I may feel at the moment, they never say I told you so.

Two weeks ago I had a new grand daughter, two nights ago I had another, and this week end may have still another. My new daughter in law to be just moved here from New York. My job is demanding extra hours of us and life is just moving on like a steam train going full speed. But they are steady and caring. God richly blessed me with the most wonderful network of friends!

Jeannie created this bottle tree which sings or whistles in the wind. Each bottle plays it's own note. You are like that. Each is given their own special "sound" and your harmony is amazing. God bless you! I truly enjoy the sounds of your laughter, your voices and your songs.

What do you appreciate most about your best friend? I appreciate their uniqueness. They fit together like a puzzle completing the most fantastic network I could ever ask for. They all have unquestionable morals, deep loyalty, compassion, creativity, honesty and a strong work ethic. I admire and respect them so much and want to be just like them when I grow up. :-) You see, I know that I am a work in progress. :-) I am not grown up yet.

What do you want for friends? I do not want for them what they think they want as it may not be what is best for them. I want God's will for them as He knows best.

Please join my friend Amanda for our Thursday Two Questions. Thanks for visiting me and God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG August 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Thanks for the mention. You are also very supportive to me.

Poetic Shutterbug August 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

First, congrats on your granddaughter and new arrivals, what blessed events. I am so happy for you.

1. I appreciate that she accepts me for who I am, always. She has never judged me and knows me better than I know myself at times. I appreciate her loyalty, caring nature and god given talents that are appreciated by many.

2. All I want for my friends is for them to be happy.

SittieCates August 18, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Hi, Judy! Lovely post. You've got lots of wonderful blessings - great friends, a lovely family that keeps on growing, etc.

SquirrelQueen August 18, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Aren't we all works in progress? I know I keeping learning and changing, I haven't grown up and probably never will.

I just want my friends to be happy and have good health.

Icy BC August 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM

First of all, that is a unique glass tree, just awesome.

Secondly, you are a special friend to me too, and I appreciate your friendship more than I often say. You would help me even without my asking.

At this time in my life, like you, I accept my friends as they are, but I think loyal friends are most treasure in my heart. Some come and go, but the ones that remain with me, are the ones that I keep.

Self Sagacity August 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Very unique bottle tree Judy. Very creative.
Before I get overly excited, is the mentioned "Amanda" me? Or someone else? Don't worry to upset me. :-)
I have always craved for good friends, longevity and unconditional. However, my real life friends come quickly and go quickly too. Long story. I better get to the questions.
1) I think right now my best friend is SO. I appreciate everything good about him, and don't appreciate any thing bad. Yes, sorry, I am so one sided. lol
2) I wish them always healthy and able to stand me during my madness, if any, that they use their understanding to know there is still a good human being inside. And that they will always achieve great things that are good for them.

♥~Judy~♥ August 18, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I love, love your answers! Amanda, yes, you are the one and only Amanda in my life.

Take care and God bless. :-)

betchai August 23, 2011 at 9:42 PM

the glass tree is very unique, indeed all of us are, though we may carry different tunes but thankfully we live in harmony.

1) at this time in my life, I appreciate friends who really knows that relationship is not one way, and if there is giving there is also receiving that both participates. I am not talking about giving and receiving materially, but more so on heart, mind and soul.
2) I wish for my friends to be the best they can be always, and to treasure the friendship we share.

Self Sagacity August 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM

BTW- I stumbled this post. Loved your write up about friends.

♥~Judy~♥ August 24, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Amanda, thank you. You are truly a talented individual and I am grateful to count you as one of my friends.

CA Johnson August 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. That is wonderful news.

I am very grateful to my friends because they (you are included) are always supportive of me no matter what. Whenever I feel bad, I can always count on my friends to help me feel better. Thanks for writing such an interesting post and for helping me realize just how important friends are.