Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Skies to stalk

Yesterday quite a few earthquakes hit in the United States. Thankfully, we only got a thunderstorm. Tonight Mari and I were out and the sky was doing some amazing things. The biggest and fluffiest white clouds were illuminated and these dark clouds kept chasing them! Mari said they are having a party in heaven and those (the bright clouds) are party lights. I parked the car for awhile and she and I captured some pretty pics. She teased me and called me a sky stalker. This is not the first time I have been called something playfully. How about you? What are you known as? I won't ask if you mind as I am sure you don't. I know I don't. :-) It's all in good fun and she was doing some pretty good stalking herself.

BTW it did not rain till I dropped her off and got home. Then it poured and hailed, but fortunately, no earthquakes. I was driving with my sun roof open. That could have been fun. :-)

This post linked to  Two Questions Thursday. You know you want to join, so come on. You will be glad you did. Thanks for visiting! Take care and God bless.

Self Sagacity August 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Hi Judy, I am a "freak", but not in a bad way. Freakishly addicted to many things. But I like to refer to it as being "passionate." If I can pick up something else to be addicted about, I can cure the last addiction.
One thing is, I haven't learned to stalk the sky. It is pretty much the same here where I live everyday, blue skies, no clouds. There is not much to wow about.

Brenda H August 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I have been known as "crazy" because I will say and do things that other people usually need to get drunk to do. I figure we just live once... but I don't do things stupid or hurtful, just crazy :)

Heavensent1 August 25, 2011 at 12:08 AM

LOL...I am also called a "Freak" or "Bizarre" if your talking to my doctor...hehe...I eat red pills and live deep dooooown in the rabbity hole...some would say that's insane...some would say that's intelligent...I'm thinking they're both right!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA~!!!

SquirrelQueen August 25, 2011 at 1:18 AM

What am I called? Hmm, I'll let my signature speak to that. :)

I think for awhile all the honeybees in my yard thought I was stalking them, every time they moved my camera lens was right there. My stalking habits change constantly, lately it's flowers and cats.

Icy BC August 25, 2011 at 8:44 AM

We had heavy wind, and rain for about 20 minutes.

I love looking at the sky, and I have been called "weird" by my kids, but I'm fine with it.

Luna Miranda August 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM

sky-stalker! that's cute...i am a sky-stalker, too.:p

friends call me "loonytunes" affectionately, one nicknamed me "lunie". they believe i do crazy things, have weird ideas and a wicked sense of humor. they think i am fearless.:p

while i think i live a pretty boring life.*LOL*

Poetic Shutterbug August 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Judy, I'd be stalking that sky as well. What a shot.

1. My nickname is JoJo and I've always been called JoJo the clown. As I grew older I've lived up to that name by making people laugh. Sometimes intentionally and sometime unintentionally.

JamericanSpice August 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I've been called something fun playfully before. The ones I remember more and the hurtful ones for some reason.

But one that sticks with me is that my husband calls me firefly :) I like it.

Aloha!

gengen August 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I am addicted to my laptop i can be online all day long....Got my entry too.

CA Johnson August 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I am glad that you didn't get caught in the rain. We felt the earthquake here in NJ. I didn't know what was going on. First we got an earthquake and then there was a storm. Luckily we didn't get the big hurricane that they keep talking about on the news yet. BTW, I really like the pic.

Ruthi August 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM

well, i have been known for a lot of craziness but being a "multi-tasker" so far tops the list.