Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shadows Against my House

How has your week end been going? I have been helping baby girl move and writing as usual. Without writing I think I would go crazy. I just wrote an article about the Russian nesting dolls called matryoshkas: Dolls in Russian History. The workmanship and history of these dolls is fascinating. It is amazing to read how they were created and the part they play in Russian culture.

This post is linked to Shadow Shot Sunday. Thanks so much for visiting me. Take care and God bless.

betchai October 23, 2011 at 2:05 AM

my weekend is doing well, we visited my MIL in LA and stopped by to hike somewhere between LA and San Diego. those shadow shots are very artistic Judy, I am especially fascinated by the patterns in the first.

Catherine October 23, 2011 at 3:12 AM

love the patterns in that first shot...

Spadoman October 23, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Like Catherine, I was drawn immediatelty to that first shot. I love the ladder-like shadows! Funny, you mention the Russian dolls. I just bought some material to recover a couple of old kitchen chairs. The pattern looked like the Russian dolls. The designer mentioned he was influenced by them, but they are not copied. Just a thought that came up that had nothing what so ever to do with shadows. Pardon me.

I screwed up the first link I used on Hey Harriet today. I reposted the correct link. Have a look if you care to.

Peace

Icy BC October 23, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Fantastic shadow shots, Judy! I agree with everyone here, the first photo is my favorite too!

Kelly October 23, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Count me in on loving that first shot!! Very neat!

LV October 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM

A very nice SSS presentation.

Really Rainey October 23, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Great shadows on your house! Very crisp! I'll wander your blog a little more... Herbs fascinate me!
Rainey @ The Project Table

chubskulit October 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I love the patterns on those shadows Judy. Have a great week ahead!

CA Johnson October 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I enjoyed the pics of the shadows on your house. My weekend was okay. I did a little shopping and watched some movies. :)

SquirrelQueen October 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Great shadowsm I love the first one. I hope the move is going well. We spent last weekend getting the house and yard ready for winter.