Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Birthdays!

I wish  you could see this funny little daschund dog that sings "I ain't nothing but a hound dog crying all the time"...It lights up and the big floppy ears go up and down. Poor Ani'ale did not know what to think of it. She first looked at the dog, then her father, then me, then at the family dog. Why didn't the family dog sing and why don't his ears keep time to the music? Who knows what goes through the mind of a one year old? My friend, Jeannie gave her the dog for her birthday and we couldn't wait for her birthday celebration this week end to see if she liked it or not. She does.

1. What is your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?

2. Do you tell your age or not?

I have gotten a little behind in my visits. This sweet little girl's family is moving this week and it has been kind of hectic. She has a brand new little sister and everyone is quite busy. Grandma is trying to help here and there.

This post is linked to Amanda's Thursday Two Questions. Thanks so much for your visit. Take care and God bless and if it is your birthday, have a great one!

Poetic Shutterbug October 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM

1. My favorite way to spend my birthday is to spend part of the day outdoors then dinner with friends and some live music at night. Oh, and did I mention wine and cake?

2. Judy, I am so old that I forgot how old I am :D

SquirrelQueen October 27, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Happy Birthday to Ani'ale, she is adorable.

My birthday comes in the hottest part of the summer so we don't do much. We went out to my favorite brew pub for a nice dinner this past summer.

Nope!

Icy BC October 27, 2011 at 6:28 AM

1) Get together with close friends and family is a great way to celebrate birthday.

2) I don't mind telling people my age when it is appropriate!

Self Sagacity October 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM

That's wonderful that you're trying to help them out. Happy Birthday to the little one.
I think this question depends on what stage I am at in my life, for now with kids, I like to have a nice seafood feast with all my children around. Once they are grown and out of the house, I hope to be doing something fabulous like Betchai, hike, explore and experience the world.
I don't mind telling people my age in the real world, but not on the internet...With the growing number of identity robbers, I try to not to give too many clues. If they happened to hack my computer or obtain the cookies...age is a pertinent information. Also it is used to run credit reports and background checks. If they have your credit report, they will know what credit cards you have, etc...a thief can then put 2 and 2 together.
So for security reasons, I would like to think I am trying my best to not be an identity theft victim.

Clytie October 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Happy birthday to the precious Ani'ale!

1. I love to have family call and sing to me over the phone. Or in person!

2. Everybody knows I'm 29. After all, I've been 29 for 21 years now!

Cathy Kennedy October 27, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I like casual birthday celebrations with the family only. I'm not into parties. That's not my style. This year, I'll hit the big five o and I would like to do something a little different. Since my birthday is in December, maybe we can dine out somewhere really special with all the beautiful decorations out for Christmas. That sounds cozy, doesn't it? I have no problem sharing my age. In fact, I celebrate it because I simply don't feel like I'm almost 50! =D

JamericanSpice October 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Happy belated birthday to your little one!

1. I like to eat cake and if I can go dancing. Oh yea! :)

2. Not anymore. I'm stuck at 29 and even forget how old I am. lol

CA Johnson November 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Happy Belated b-day to Ani'ale. She really is adorable.

Unfortunately, my last few birthdays haven't been that great. I do like to spend time with my sis (we're twins so we celebrate it together) and friends.

I don't mind telling my age. I'm sure that will change when I get older. LOL!