Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Memories

Our children, our grandchildren...I see them and my heart swells with love. We have created so many special memories. I will not (in my likelihood) leave them anything of substance financially.

1. I have nothing, but what can I leave them that will warm their hearts and cause them to feel better about themselves and life in general? My mother left us and is continuing to give us so many precious memories. I visualize Mom and I get a big grin on my face and I picture her during many different times in our lives always nuturing and giving.

2. Will my children know that my most important accomplishment was having them and them having me? I pray for them and all of you that the wonderful memories never stop. I want to pose my own questions to you. Please visit Amanda's Thursdays Two Questions and let the conversastion begin!

BTW Mem mem took the last photo of her little sister in my lap. She is the second picture.
Sometimes that is all we have and all we need and I can live with that! Love you! Thanks for visiting. Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity October 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM

1) Your mother left when? Recently? If so, I am sorry to hear that. I guess that is how my mother feels too, as a matter of fact, that might be how all the parents feel. It's hard to pictured that could be all my mother was thinking about that is why she is so frugal...
2)I think they will know. You seemed to be very involved in their lives and that is very special.

Icy BC October 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM

1) What you give them is far more valuable than earthy possession: love, acceptance, encouragement, and support. You're always there for them.

2) I hope your children know how important they are to you, and having you.

You touch my heart, Judy, which you already know why!

SquirrelQueen October 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I consider warm memories far more valuable that any possessions or money. Great photos Judy.

JamericanSpice October 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM

I hope I live to that age to love on my grand kids.

Love the photos.

SweetMemoirs October 22, 2011 at 10:39 AM

priceless moments! something we can never trade of... have a blessed weekend, Judy!

CA Johnson October 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I had no idea that your mother passed away. I am so sorry for your loss. I agree that our memories are precious. I think about the times that I spent with my grandmother before she passed away. I loved the pics. The girls are just so adorable.