Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday - My Bedmate

Yesterday I got hit with the flu like a ton of bricks.

I haven't had the flu in years and have only gotten a flu shot once in my life. Because of my excellent attendance at work; I am always on time and have never called in; I am what is classified as an "A". An A is given the option of going home early when work is slow without it counting against them so when asked if I wanted to go home at 10 a.m. I did. I only stopped to buy jello and broth and headed home and to bed where I stayed until 5 am this morning. I returned to work today.

Cinnamon to the rescue!

My bed mate, pictured above, slept on my knees all day and all night. I took two cinnamon capsules yesterday and another this morning and now feel fine. Cinnamon is a natural anti-viral. My hubby wanted me to go to the doctor, but I didn't feel up to it, and the co-pay is $35. which I do not have plus he would have said it's a virus and needs to run it's course! 1.) Do you think doctor's visits are overpriced?

2.) Do you think there are sometimes that we should not have to pay or the rate should be less?

Don't forget to check out Amanda's Thursday Two Questions. The conversation is about to get lively and you wouldn't want to miss any of it! This post also connected with Camera Critters.

Thanks for visiting me today. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

SquirrelQueen November 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better Judy. It sounds like the cinnamon worked wonders plus the attention of your bedmate. I have had similar success with zinc tabs and my cuddly kitty.

1) They are definitely overpriced.

2) After the copay our insurance takes care of most everything. We rarely visit the doctor but I'm sure there are some visits where they could charge a lot less.

Cher November 18, 2011 at 2:22 AM

i was also down with flu and now getting a lil' bit better. hope we will fully recover ASAP. your question is very timely for me. hubby forced me to visit a GP and i was asked to pay $56 for a 2 minute consultation!!! grrrrr! i think i will just self medicate next time and will not listen to hubby. lol!

Icy BC November 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM

So glad that you feel better, Judy..and yes, doctor's visit co-pay is overpriced.

I think if we have insurance already then we should not have to pay for it.

♥~Judy~♥ November 19, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Judy, I generally take zinc & a multiple daily as it does help protect our immune system. Zinc does have to be taken two hours away from vitamin c. I needed the extra help of the cinnamon though. My cat's attention was appreciated. :-) Thanks for your visit.

Cher, wow! I thought $35. was bad. My insurance just went up $100. a month too, so I am doubly annoyed by the co-pay!

Icy, I think we are paying for the big pretty plants in the office and nice upholstery. What do you think? :-)

☆☆Mumsy November 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Glad to know you got over the flu so fast! We had low co-pay for office visit and prescription drugs.

Pat November 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Sounds like the cinnamon helped as did your lovely feline nurse!