Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Changes

I blink my eyes and what do I see
A cloud slipping down behind the tree
Racing each other as quick as can be
 I've watched the sky off and on since dawn
The soft clear blue of earlier on
Replaced with a deeper hue
As the morning is gone
~
Nature by God
Poem by Judy
We joke about constant change at work. We say the only thing consistent is change. Isn't nature the same way? Clouds are forever moving. Days fade into night, weeks into months and months into years. . .The baby we brought home from the hospital is now bringing home his or her own. Be careful if you are not alert you may miss a milestone. :-)

Some changes are miraculous and we revel in them, some are devastating at the moment, but all are within God's control and He will see us through and bring us more wonders than we ever thought possible.

1. Do you remember a wonderful life altering change?

2. Do you remember an event that you survived which you thought was disastrous but ended in a wonderful way?

Please join the conversation at Thursday Two Questions hosted by Amanda. Don't let the conversation get started without you!

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay well and God bless!

Icy BC December 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM

Fantastic poem Judy! Our sky is so gray these last two days.

My answers to your two questions are both yes..

Cathy Kennedy December 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I'd have to say the birth of my children have been a wonderful life altering change.

We went through a disatrous period where my husband was unemployed for three years, but despite the hardships we puleld through it more wise and appreciative. God was teaching us a lesson, we just didn't see it until after the cloud had lifted and that was to always have graditude for what we have, never taking anything for granted.

Merry Christmas, dear friend!

Self Sagacity December 22, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Such a great poem as always. I think sometimes those life altering changes happen and we don't recognize it or it change slowly for me. There has been many, but they didn't happen overnight.
The ones that are deemed disastrous, that turned into wonderful is not such a big flob as I thought in the first place. And I have many of those too.
Sorry to be so windy today. I don't have definite convictions on these two questions. smiles.

Have a beautiful Christmas with your family. Thanks for participating and playing today.

SquirrelQueen December 22, 2011 at 7:53 PM

The bare branches with that deep blue sky are beautiful Judy and the words are a perfect fit.

Change keeps our lives interesting, be it good or bad, and helps us to grow. There have been several life changing events. A move across the country that would eventually mean meeting my soul mate is the first that comes to mind.

The second, I would have to think about it so maybe not.

JamericanSpice December 23, 2011 at 2:31 AM

That is a beautiful poem Judy! You are very good!

1. Yes
2. Yes. And I'm going through another and hope it will end right.

Merry Christmas to you!

Clytie December 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Your poem is perfect. It made me stop and think about the clouds I see today, the first blue sky in a long time ... and the last (for at least a week, they say). Sigh.

1. The birth of my twins was a huge life altering change for me.

2. When I had my stroke, and was completely paralyzed on my right side. My sister said a prayer over me and suddenly my leg started jumping, then my arm, then I could talk again - within minutes. It brought my sister and I so close after years of distance ... and I appreciate life so much more fully now.

Merry Christmas, Judy. God bless.

betchai December 24, 2011 at 6:46 PM

what a very beautiful poem Judy.

I say yes to both your questions.

Have a Merry Merry Christmas.

CA Johnson December 30, 2011 at 5:20 PM

This is a great poem. I had a life changing experience when I got an ulcer on my cornea. It was a scary time in my life. I was told that I was going to need a cornea transplant, but the prayers that my family had for me worked because my eye is better. It's nowhere near as bad as it was when it first happened.