Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Uniform with a Difference

baby scrubs found at blue sky scrubs

In a world where we strive to be both the same and unique at the same time there is a uniform that offers that. We have school uniforms where children dress alike to give them the chance to study and to consider one another as members of the same team having a spirit of comradradie  allowing students to gain the most from their learning environment without the distraction of name brand labels and expensive styles.

We have military uniforms and work uniforms to help distinguish those of duty from the others. But their is one uniform that has done what others do not and that is the scrub uniform. It allows for the appearance of the team being similar in appearance yet unique as there are so many individual scrub styles to choose from.  You can find medical scrubs of a superior quality at http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/ and they are currently running a special on shipping.

Scrub uniforms help to maintain the cleanliness of the medical profession while offering the uniqueness of individual choice; a fabric that is stain and wrinkle resistance and a broad range of styles and colors. Blue Sky Scrubs offers gift certificates that can be offered for that special loved one on your gift list that works in the nursing or medical profession. This is a gift of quality that they can enjoy every day. They even offer scrubs for infants. What a unique baby shower gift!

I am joining Thursday Two Questions this week to ask how you feel about school uniforms? I happen to think that school uniforms encourage better studying and less rivalry. I happen to feel that children have a lot of pressure placed upon them to compete with one another to wear clothing that is costly and stylish and it is difficult for the school to monitor a dress code when they are not required to wear uniforms. The child whose family cannot afford the current styles is sometimes outcast.

How did you dress when you attended high school? When I went to school there was a strict dress code. Girls had to wear dresses or skirts which touched the chair if you were to kneel in a chair. Tops were never revealing, hair cuts and styles were always conventional; no mohawks or funny colors. :-) Boys wore khakis, dress pants, or casual pants; not jeans. The world has truly changed!

Please join Amanda and have your say! :-) Thanks for your visit today. Take care and God bless!

Poetic Shutterbug December 15, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I agree with you, Judy. I went to Catholic school for eight years and both boys and girls wore uniforms. It helps I think both with peer pressure issues and does encourage study.

I went to public high school and of course back then hot pants were in style so if you weren't wearing those you were considered a geek.

SquirrelQueen December 15, 2011 at 2:43 AM

My school was pretty much the same as yours Judy. Girls wore skirts or dresses and everything was very modest. Things have changed considerably since we were in school.

Icy BC December 15, 2011 at 7:48 AM

I like school uniform for the reasons you've stated here. I think it is less stressful for both parents and students.

Last year, a local school around here wanted to change to uniform, and that didn't go well and got tossed out.

Cathy Kennedy December 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I don't necessarily agree with school uniforms, but a strict dress code most definitely is needed.

Girls should be allowed to wear dresses, which are modest - not mini-dresses or skirts. The hem should at least come to the top of the knee. Blue jeans and a blouse, which fit properly would be acceptable. No pants that drag the floor or top which shows cleveage or the mid-section.

Boys should be expected to wear either Kahkis or bluejeans with a button-down shirt. Pants should not drag the ground and be worn above their hips NOT around their thighs.

I think if a kid comes through the school's front door looking like a gothic mess or street thug, then they should be made to leave until they are dressed properly.

Kids...parents, too should be clean-cut dressed NOT sloppy. You don't have to be decked out in designer label apparel. Kids who don't have the money to buy expensive stuff shouldn't feel bad because they don't it. That's called life.

The real culprit is our society as a whole has gotten away from the fundementals of normal decency, proper conduct, and respect for oneself. It's apparent in the way people dress, speak, and act today.

It all boils down to getting back to the basics and that has to begin at home - the front line, then it'll trickle into the schools, work place, and on the street. Life will be much grander.

Self Sagacity December 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I wore uniforms up to when I came to the US. I think it is great, except for when I see and hear my mom complained about how much it cost. It seemed like they always raised a certain dress or shirt higher in price because they know we have to spent the money.
Other than that, I really think it is nice for students to have the same dress code.

♥~Judy~♥ December 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Amanda, as a parent of children who did not wear uniforms, I am not aware of the cost of uniforms but can definitely attest to the expense of name brand clothes which quickly go out of style or the child outgrows. They are truly overpriced. I used to place a limit on how much I would spend on an item and the children would work to pay the difference because prices were astronomical, such as $100. or more for one garment.

♥~Judy~♥ December 15, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Poetic Shutterbug, hot pants! I cannot believe that a school would be so irresponsible as to allow such an item to be worn within their walls! I do not envy you to have gone through that ordeal.

♥~Judy~♥ December 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Judy, I am glad our school was strict. We did not need to get side tracked by indecent apparel.

Icy, that is too bad. I feel good about school uniforms.

Cathy, you said a mouth full!