Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Truthfulness

Cloudy days can be intriguing, beautiful and fun to watch, but when the truth becomes clouded, I would prefer not to be there to sift and sort it out until truth prevails.Truth should be pure and unadulterated. It should not be hard to grasp or see, but there are many facets in life and sometimes things are not the way they appear. My mother used to say "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

I never thought she meant to take that literally, but sometimes it is - literal. We need to be skeptical, examine, research, pray and decide. One person I never doubt is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He cannot tell an untruth. A lie is not in Him.

1. Do you believe the old saying my mother taught me?
2. Why or why not?

Amanda at Thursday Two Questions has a lively conversation going on and I am sure there is a lot of truth there. Let's go find out. Thanks for joining us this week. I apologize if I have not been to visit you lately. The baby shower preparations has kept me quite busy and I will catch up once it is over. Thanks for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless.

Icy BC March 15, 2012 at 6:01 AM

I think that is a wise advice from your mom, Judy!

I find myself saying the same thing to my children when it comes to certain people, so they won't be disappointed!

Jim March 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Your mom is right, Judy. Even though it is an old wives tale this one is pretty well on.

I bother people when I say that I believe telling a lie is not a sin if it isn't done in malice and doesn't hurt anyone.

betchai March 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

through the years, i have learned to not believe in everything that i hear.

JamericanSpice March 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Your mom is very wise.

1. I would if I grew up with my mother. Usually most parents are wiser for experience and can impart knowledge, so I would believe.

Hope you have a joyful weekend!
*HUG*

☆☆Mumsy March 17, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I learned not to believe in everything I heard. It's their action that I watch out for.

SquirrelQueen March 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Your mom is a wise woman, I remember hearing my grandmother say something very similar.

Yes, I believe the saying. Why? The internet is a perfect example of believing only half of what we find there.