Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Flowers

Pink Rose

The beauty of a rose grabs our attention. It's fragrance lifts our spirits. Roses have been used for hundreds of years in alternative medicine for their ability to lift spirits, boost memory, relieve pain, enhance sexual arousal, and so forth. Read more here. Roses are only one of many flowers that are used to heal.

1. What is your favorite flower?

2. Why?

Please join Amanda at Thursday Two Questions and get your questions answered. :-) Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy (stop and smell the roses) and God bless.

Scriptor Senex May 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Gosh - choosing a favourite flower! That's difficult. I think it would be the Snowdrop. It's the first flower we get in the garden after the Winter - usually at the end of February. Not to be too sentimental, it also happens to be the only flower that was around when my son died 26 years ago so it's special for that reason. And I just love it. When you see a Snowdrop close up you realise it has a beautiful shape and is not just white but has green as well.

SquirrelQueen May 24, 2012 at 5:28 AM

That pink rose is gorgeous Judy.

My favorite flower varies thought the summer. At the moment it is my pretty Gaillardias (Blanket flower) that are just begging to bloom. I love roses and daisies but this flower will bloom all summer long and into fall. Its the first flower I see when I walk out my front door.

Self Sagacity May 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I love Roses because they are the most resilient, and I since have learn how to propagate them successfullly.
My favorites are the two-toned purple and white starry Dalia, and the double decker cone flowers. They are both very unique in the ways they come to us. Very easy to propagate too, although I am losing my purple and white dahlia due to splitting it to my family so much. Ahhhhh, sad.

Dominique@Dominique's Desk May 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

My favourite flower is the rose.. peach, blue, pastel colors
I find that they look lovely and like the smell.

Jim May 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Very pretty pink rose find, Judy. My favorites are the Texas Bluebonnet and the Yellow Rose of Texas. Ha. LOL :)

Sorry about sending the link. Blogger never gives me any trouble with them on mine. They are a convenience a lot of people like.

My trouble is that unless people go back to the Two Question Mr. Linky sign in but instead click my picture then my profile comes up and people don't realize that this meme post won't be with the poems and photo blog. It is in Jim's Little Blog.

Icy BC May 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Oh that is hard to do, to chose just one favorite flower. Right now, I am fascinated with holyhock, and want to have one.