Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Crafts

Preparing stitches to crochet the towel top

I happily write content for sponsors from time to time and one of the sponsors I had one time was Pinterest. I was given a guest post so I only had to cut and paste and did not give it much thought until the buzz was going around my job about Pinterest and it was all good. So I took a look, and I am inspired; actually I am hooked. I am pinning my photos and articles and getting pinned, but I am also reading so much there that is creative and innovative. Mari and I researched lesson plans we found on Pinterest the other day while we ate out at Dennys, because she needs to come up with a few ideas for class in a few weeks. We found plenty! You can type any idea and someone has written about it or pinned something on one of their boards.

I have created a number of boards and one of mine is "Crafty" . I have always loved being crafty, but with my family growing by leaps and bounds, working full time, and trying to make a little here and there writing, my sewing machine and crochet hooks are all but forgotten. I got the crochet hook out of hiding by request from my mom, but with a little inspiration from the many people at Pinterest, I have found so many other things I want to make. I started crocheting a cat cozy. I grow cat nip in my front lawn so it should be no problem coaxing kitty into the cozy. lol

Crocheted hanging hand towel

My mother asked me the other day to crochet tops on some of her bath towels so she can hang them in the bathroom. I took a towel to work and crocheted during my lunch break as I ate my lunch. I finished one, see? I had been thinking about placing a link in my sidebar to my craft board and updating it from time to time with new projects that I find.

Funny, while reading Icy's post earlier, I thought how funny that her mind had turned to crafts too. She is so talented but I know how hard it is to entertain a teenager, especially a boy with tons of energy!! He is very talented too. He has taken some very good pictures for her on her blog. Maybe she should set him loose on one of his own. Good luck with that Icy! lol

1. What do you wish you had more time for?

2. What would you like to learn how to do?

This post linked to  Thursday Two Questions! Join the conversation at Amanda's blog. Thanks so much for your visit today. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

SquirrelQueen June 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM

Your crochet work is so pretty Judy, I love the towel top.

My latest project I would like to have time to do is layouts for brochures. It is for the spay/neuter program but the program itself has been keeping me so busy I haven't had time to do the computer part. Years ago a friend and I had a design/printing business, I would like to do some of that again.

That's a tough question but since my next home project is going to involve removing wall paper maybe I need to learn more about that.

Mumsy¸.¤ª“˜¨ June 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Great questions, Judy! My brain is still half in slumber land..

I don't think I would wish for more time, as with more time, more things to do :-)

I would love to learn how to swim in my condition.

Cathy Kennedy June 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I would just like to have more time period to do whatever I want. The only thing I can think I'd like to learn to do is perhap crochet, but I know this requires a lot of sitting still and patience. I'm like a kid when it comes to this. So, I may not be up to that. lol

12 Ways to Celebrate Your Love

Self Sagacity June 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I love to have more time to play on the internet, and read and do graphic editing. I do alot of craft with my daughter, they are a lot of fun.
I shouldn't learn anything new anymore - that was a promise to myself. I am through with learning new skills. I will work with all the ones I've learned already.

Icy BC June 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Your crochet towel top is so pretty! This could be a business to sell on Etsy, Judy.

I wish to have more time to learn more about technical blogging, SEO thingy, even if my brain hurts!

For now, it's what it is..

I guess we are on the same page this week :-)

Judy SheldonWalker June 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Judy, that is such a worthwhile project. Too bad more people do not volunteer time to help you. Our kitties are so precious! Good luck with the wall paper. I heard that warm water and vinegar helps remove old wall paper?

I took swimming lessons at the Y but never learned. he he

Amanda, I second that. The more we learn, the more we must do and we can only do so much!!

Icy, I do not know much about Etsy and hardly had the time to do it, but my Mom is worth the extra effort!

JamericanSpice June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Pinterest is quite interesting. I try to stay away :)

And you are very talented my dear! I wish I could crochet. I'm actually thinking of teaching myself.

1. I wish I had the time to sew.
2. I would love to learn to swim. I know. Can you believe this island girl can't swim :)

Enjoy your evening.

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ June 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Oh boy, reading the comments, I can see at least three of you wanted to learn to swim.

I am not a great swimmer, but doing ok.

Your towel top looks pretty!

betchai June 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

i have never learned how to stitch, i am like Icy, i wish i have more time to learn more about seo, i would like to grow in this field and maybe more webpage designing. oh how i wish i have more time to wander.