Sunday, June 17, 2012

We did the bunny hop in the backyard!

Bunny Collage

I took a picture, reached out to touch -

Bunny in my backyard

and it hopped!

Domestic bunny

Imagine my surprise when I go in my backyard to look at my catalpa tree and see movement out of the corner of my eye; movement of the long haired furry kind. I got to pet it several times, but never long enough to pick it up.

This post linked to Mosaic Monday and Camera Critters. Thank you for your visit. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and your father's day celebration was awesome. Take care, stay healthy and God bless.

Icy BC June 18, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Wow..that's the strangest looking bunny I've ever seen. Wonder what kind it is! Fantastic photos, Judy!

Lavender Cottage June 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM

The bunny in your yard looks much different than the short-haired cottontails in mine.

Icy BC June 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Judy, I showed this post to JoJo, and he told me it's a Lionhead rabbit.

I looked it up, and goodness gracious me, there IS such a thing called "Lionhead Rabbit"! Just amazing!

Judy SheldonWalker June 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Kudos to JoJo! Tell him thanks a bunch!

Mumsy¸.¤ยช“˜¨ June 21, 2012 at 7:41 AM

It is such an exotic looking bunny, and sort of scary looking.

Fantastic photos, Judy!

Jessica Cassidy June 23, 2012 at 7:31 AM

what a cute furry bunny :-) so adorable :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters.

Debs Crochet June 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM

How pretty. Do you think it was someones pet, or are there wild ones like that?

Judy SheldonWalker June 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Deb, I saw the neighbor girl with a rabbit just like this a few weeks earlier. My hubby went and asked her if it was hers but she said no. The cage sat behind their house empty...Had I been able to catch it I would have taken it to the shelter or given it to my friend who has a farm.

SquirrelQueen July 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Oh Judy, what a sweet looking little bunny. It sounds like the neighbors no longer wanted this little guy and just turned it loose. I can never figure out why people think it is right to do that to any pet.