Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Free Time

Thomas Kinkade puzzle

Thomas Kinkade Painting

If you are like me, you are shaking your head at my title. Judy, what do you mean "free" time? You are probably asking this question! Free time is one of those illusive things much like "extra" money. Who ever has extra money? Isn't it all spent long before we get it into our hands?
Read more...

At work today they sent some people home early as work was slow. I haven't seen my mother in a little while and she has been heavy on my mind so I headed over to her apartment where we worked on this puzzle, ate vanilla ice cream with strawberries bits and played with my sister the cock a poo :-). She's Mom's baby, therefore she is my baby sister. Right?

My questions tonight are not real serious. I had fun tonight, so I am not going to challenge anyone tonight. Let's just have some fun. After all we work hard and deserve to take it nice and easy some time.

This week end I was frantic. I am always trying to do everything at once and had finished up a writing assignment and wanted to visit all of you (at once) but my internet went down. I carefully placed the lap top down on my bed, after running the trouble shooter, and ran downstairs to check the router. I turned it off and impatiently counted to 60 turning it back on and watching all the colored lights spring back to life one at a time. The router looked fine. Running back up the stairs two steps at a time, carefully stepping over Tiger as he sashays in front of me. Getting settled down in my bed with my pillows propped up just so, I opened the internet access screen. It said "You are not connected." I ran the trouble shooter again and finally after several tries closed the lap top and went to bed.

I left for work half an hour earlier the next morning to see if I could get online at work on my laptop. I couldn't. I did not have the security key to sign in, but I noticed that my F12 key was red not blue!! Tiger had jumped on the laptop the night before and I shooed him away but after examining the screen and not seeing anything miss typed I dismissed it from my mind. Silly cat had turned off my internet, but silly me, didn't notice. So here we go with a blond moment brought to you by me!

My question have you had any blond moments lately, and you don't have to be blond to have them. lol

What is your favorite thing to find while cruising blogs?

Now visit Amanda @ Two Questions Thursday. Have a great Thursday. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!!

Poetic Shutterbug October 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Judy, love the post.

While cruising blogs I am attracted to anything that makes me wonder, laugh or is so unique that I have to look.

I have blonde moments all the time. I do have some gray hair so that must count :)

Jim October 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

My blond moments are generally when I loose something or talk with someone that I don't recognize but do know if I could only know who he/she is. I don't do face recognition and that is hard on me.

I like to find the first post of a new Internet aquaintance. I used to always do that but now I run across too many new to me bloggers to even look, let alone comment.

Cathy Kennedy October 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I frequently have blond moments. My brain seems misplaced this week as I'm trying feverishly to get prepared for our upcoming 'alone' time.

My favorite things to find on blogs are usually a good recipe or lovely photo or even an inspiring story. I don't purposely seek out recipe type blogs, but it's fun to stumble upon one every now and then.

Self Sagacity October 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

1) indeed I have had blond moments. I couldn't be more blond when it comes to the internet button on my laptop. It is one of those things where it is supposed to be on, right? If I don't touch it, I wouldn't know who has and when.
2) when I am cruising the blogs, I think I like looking at their layout and most times, I like to look for the about me most.

Self Sagacity October 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

And the story is classic of technical difficulties! When I am trouble shooting, it turns into hours of wasted time. And I really hate to have to get up after a nice propped of the pillows. LOL

Icy BC October 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

1) I have blond moments all the time too..Like hit entered on a new post and it's published when I only wanted to be in draft..

2) I like to read personal story, or personal writing on blogs..

betchai October 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

my blond moments always happen when publishing my post, i intend to publish it in TJOSL but I published it in BIBO or vice versa, and then, when I submit it PPP or BV would tell me the domain is wrong :(

I am always delighted to see amazing nature scenery, it relaxes me and makes me wish to be there. i also love reading inspirational stories.

JamericanSpice October 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I'm glad it easy fix and nothing wrong.

Blonde moment today: Rushing to get ready and bringing the plate into the bathroom instead of the kitchen.

Cruising blogs I love to find personal posts. They are rare these days.

Glad you had some good time spent with your mom.
I miss this.