Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Old Man Winter
will make it snow!

Beauty by
God
Poem by
Judy

Before it gets cold and winter settles in;I am compelled to snap as many pictures of flowers as possible as I know that soon they will drop their pretty heads and succumb to the cold. When it is cold out, as it now even if there were blooming flowers, we are rushing from point A to point B to get out of the cold and maybe missing some of the most beautiful artwork God has created, or at least I am. The weather now is a high of 25 and a low of 13. My camera continues to serve me well when taking pictures of the children, but I am sorely missing the nature shots.

1. How about you, does winter change your routine?

2. Do you have an abundance of old photos to draw upon on in-climate days?

This post linked to Two Questions Thursday. You will want to head over to Amanda's right away so that you do not miss a moment of the lively and lovely conversation. Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

kulasa January 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I have yet to experience my first winter :) what we have on our side of the world akin are rainy days....and yes that weather makes me stay at home most of the time...the wetness of everything outside makes our home cool and conducive for dreaming, for sipping hot choco and cuddling with the kids...oh and yes so many photos I love looking at make me feel cheerful when I can't go out...each time the rain stops I go out of the house and snap as many raindrops I could find...love your poem as always.."so many flowers delight my senses"- lovely as lovely a line can be....

Colette S January 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Those are so lovely! I love the shades of color.

My routine does change during the winter. I stay inside more bundled up and rarely wanting to move.

But definitely have quite a few photos to keep me going :) I just need to get about sharing them!

Happy Thursday to you Judy.

You are very good with the camera. A gift.

Poetic Shutterbug January 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Judy, those are simply gorgeous and I love your words.

The weather does not change my routine at all. In fact this year the garden is almost in full bloom, where I work. Our magnolias have been in bloom since mid December. Due to our Mediterranean type climate in San Francisco, many flowers are in bloom now. In fact yesterday I took about 200 shots of the gardens that they can use for their promotions.

Self Sagacity January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Yes. Rainy days, which is our winter really makes me want to stay in bed. It's hard to get up in the mornings, verses a sunny day when I just want to keep going.
I am lazy period about uploading photos, so I have a ton that I have not posted or could post but is still sitting in the drives. :-)
Thanks for linking with TTQ. Have a wonderful week.

Judy SheldonWalker January 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Joanne, I am envious. I could easily bypass winter and not miss it much.

Cathy Kennedy January 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM

During the cooler months, my routine does change somewhat. I prefer to keep a closer eye on the weather especially at times when we have to run errands. I definitely do not want to venture out, if it's not absolutely necessary when it's extremely cold, or wet, or windy. It's so miserable to be out when it's like that.

I have a limited stash of spring/summer type photos, but I do enjoy taking a peek at them on occasions when it's too cold to get out.

BTW, your photos are stunning and the poem is beautiful! =D