Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dear Friends and Dandelions

Dear friends

Upper left is a photo of my dear friend Jeannie, right my mother's dear dog companion and bottom a dandelion. I love dandelions so much I have a permanent link to an article about the benefits of dandelions in my side bar.
Dandelions detoxify and are known for a not only a wealth of nutrition but their success in treating the following:

• Alzheimer's
  • bladder infections
  • breastfeeding issues
  • liver cleansing
  • osteoporosis (prevention of)
  • pneumonia
  • swelling, inflammation
  • tonsillitis
  • warts
Sources for more reading listed in the article The Best Things in Life are Free which is linked in my sidebar.

This post honors the letter "D". Check out the other entries and the hosting blog at ABC Wednesday! Thanks for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Scriptor Senex February 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Hello Judy. You mention bladder infections in your Dandelion post. Do you have any suggestions for Kidney infections?

Roger Owen Green February 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM

don't know why dandelions are considered weeds

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

~✽Mumsy✽~ February 6, 2013 at 6:52 AM

What a fantastic D post! Now that you mention dandelion, I miss seeing it around. Can't wait for spring!

Chubskulit Rose February 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Lovely set of Ds.

Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Jesh St Germain February 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Like Roger, why is a dandelion a weed? Is it because it grows in the wild?

BTW hope you have seen my Thank you in Circles for the translation "Resthouse for Three Friends." It adds to the meaning of the gazebo, isn't it? Again, it's very much appreciated!

Judy SheldonWalker February 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I don't know why dandelions are considered weeds either. I grew up in a home where they were part of our summer diet.

Scriptor,

Dandelions are excellent at detoxing so I imagine they would help kidney function too. I did some research on a herbal called uva ursi: http://e-infopages.com/2011/the-good-and-bad-on-uva-ursi/ but with uva ursi we must be careful not to take it for many to days in a row.
Milk thistle is another herb known to promote kidney health. Horse radish is one of the most potent diuretics so in assisting in the urine flow would aid in quicker recovery of kidney infection.

Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, rest, avoid irritating foods such as alcohol, coffee, caffeinated beverages, chocolate, tea, salt, vinegar, citrus fruits and spicy dishes. See your doctor if their is blood in the urine or urination is painful and an antibiotic should be prescribed.

betchai February 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM

i love dandelions, must try harvesting them when the season comes

Scriptor Senex February 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Thanks very much Judy. Much appreciated.

Colette S February 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I love learning new things.
My daughter pick me one each day it seems :)