Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Sunshine

Sunrise

Sunrise

Winters are full of monochromatic days so when the dark skies turn blue and the sun bursts upon the horizon, it makes my day! As I drove to work this morning I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye of the sun peeking through the many trees and buildings and just wished for a plateau somewhere and a moment to enjoy the sunrise. Civilization, which of course, is beneficial to mankind, sometimes seems to get in the way. :-)  But there are other aspects of life that sometimes block out our "sunshine". It is up to us to "feed" the right one by ranking the importance of the good things in life and directing our attention towards them.

My questions are linked to two questions Thursday, but they are posed only for thinking about. I don't expect a response.

1.) My question is which battle are you fighting? No need to answer out loud. :-)

2.) Which good qualities are your strengths and how can you use that particular set of strengths to aid in winning the battle? No need to answer this one either.

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!!

SquirrelQueen February 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I love your sunrise photos Judy. Actually the wires are pretty much invisible which leaves the pole standing like giants over the land.

Gale February 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

You know....I'll say I don't use my creativity enough in the struggles I face. I need to.

Colette S February 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I love the sunrise! But I love the sunset too. I just love the shine of the sun at anytime in the morning or evening :)

It is to be enjoyed.

I have been thinking many months now to share this story about the wolves with my son. I've spoken to him before of things inside, but maybe I'll give him a card with it.

1. I'm fighting emotional and heart and spiritual battles right now.

2. I can use my faith to wait, pray and keep on a good path with hope.

Enjoy your day Judy. *HUGS* Hope you are doing well.

Self Sagacity February 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hi Judy, that truly is a moving post. For some reason it has hit the right spot. I think we all battle good and bad everyday. From something that is tremendous to a very frivolous subject. And you are right, it is up to us to decide whether we want to escalate it or to choose the right path and keep it in check. Believe it or not, sometimes I deliberately escalate certain things because I want a different result...does that make sense?

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger February 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Funny, this theme keeps coming up in my reading! Must mean something!

betchai February 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

"It is up to us to "feed" the right one by ranking the importance of the good things in life and directing our attention towards them. " --- very well said Judy, and so love that burning sky too. frankly, I do not know if I have battles, haha, I am not saying my life is perfect, but I work on those imperfections everyday and happy with myself always. I do sometimes may get frustrated but I have learned to breathe in...breathe out and accept and forgive myself quick that i do not carry the heaviness long enough to pull me down.

Jim February 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Icy BC February 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Judy,

This is my favorite:
"It is up to us to "feed" the right one by ranking the importance of the good things in life and directing our attention towards them."

Just fantastic post, my dear!

As for your questions, I will take your advice, and contemplate on them carefully

~✽Mumsy✽~ February 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Your photos are gorgeous! It is hard to believe that it's in the middle of winter..

Your post is very inspiring and require time to exam oneself.

kulasa February 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I truly love that sunshine photo! like you a sight of the golden sky never fails to make my day....we each have our battles to fight...each day I fight against my inner evil of selfishness at times and tendency to think of myself before others...prayer...I think that helps me go through life with a breeze and a smile on my face..with love for everyone...have a lovely weekend :)