Marriage should be like a good cup of coffee, something we can enjoy daily
My baby boy sent me a similar message to the advice listed below. I was very impressed with it and have paraphrased it and am including it in my post. I thought you might enjoy it. He will soon be married for two years and it does my heart good to see his priorities are in line. :-)
- Day 1 – Strive to be the person you want to be married to e.g. if you would like more loving and understanding, provide more love and understanding to your spouse.
- The 2nd day – Realize that no one is perfect. Don’t share your spouses imperfections with others. “The heart of her husband trusts in her…”Proverbs 31:11
- Third day – Don’t bring your spouse your left overs after giving the world your best all day. Share with your spouse your best; your best touch, attitude, laughter, conversation and so forth.
- Fourth day – Make a way to bless your spouse daily providing him/her with a thankful and giving heart free of discontent, blame and abuse. “Outdo one another in showing honor.” Romans 12:10
- Fifth day – Believe the best about your spouse seeing him or her in a good light and providing them with the benefit of the doubt. Realize that sometimes their words do not fall perfectly but their intentions are good. “Love bears…believes..hopes..all things.” 1 Corinthians 13.
- Sixth day - Greet each other with a kiss. Positive touches release endorphins and will cause you to equate your spouse with pleasant feelings; plus your lips will be too busy to make regrettable comments. “kiss me and kiss me again.” Song of Solomon 1:21
- Seventh day – Take time to find the two people who you were when you fell in love and initially connected. Life affects each of us causing us to change physically and we may act less romantic. We can renew the spark with a little effort and will be better for it. “..rejoice in the wife of your youth.” Proverbs 5:18